Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 J2 Service/Adjust in London/SE
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KR200

United Kingdom
54 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2015 :  04:27:35  Show Profile
Hi,

I have recently bought a J2 and normally would go through the entire car myself and give it a thorough service/chassis lube/checkover and check timing,brakes,clutch,tappets,plug gaps etc etc

This was OK when I lived in the suburbs as I had a nice double garage but I now live in Central London and no longer have that luxury. Just a secure underground space and I simply cannot take liberties with bit and pieces lying around all over the place etc

All I've managed is an engine oil change for peace of mind as an absolute minimum.

Basically I'm looking for a sympathetic competent sort of chap (or properly competent garage) who's au fait with the J2 with correct facilities to give the machine a proper going over in the London/South East area of the UK. Daily tinkering is not a problem. In fact I've just fitted a replacement water temp gauge and am pleased to know the motor is stable temp wise in all conditions

The car runs spot on but I want it serviced correctly so it's dialled in for the summer season.

Many Thanks

Edited by - KR200 on 06/06/2015 04:57:27

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6137 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2015 :  05:11:59  Show Profile
If the Newbury/Thatcham area isn't too far away I can thoroughly recommend Oliver Richardson. The work he has done for me on my J2 has been outstanding and if he had the time to take your car on you can be assured of a first class job. He's a busy man but worth a try. His mobile number is 07810 880818

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2015 :  05:46:21  Show Profile
If in the South East, West Sussex, Cowfold near Henfield, then Robin Lackford ( google for his website, sorry no details as I am in Cyprus ). He is an MG expert and has always given me excellent service.

Chris ( J2353 ) & ( J4129 )

Brighton, East Sussex & Paphos, Cyprus.
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6137 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2015 :  07:23:35  Show Profile
Perry,

This thread from a couple of years ago might be of some interest to you:

http://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=7310&SearchTerms=colin,tieche,j2

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Orstin

United Kingdom
637 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2015 :  08:09:28  Show Profile
I'll second the recommendation for Oliver Richardson... No hesitation..

So many dynamos
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000