Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Bulletin August/September
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2015 :  14:44:59  Show Profile
Thanks Bob for yet another great Bulletin, and for all your hard work with the previous editions.
Never thought I would see Mark Dolton as a centre fold though. Will we get one every time with the new editor,

Regards
David D

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2015 :  22:04:07  Show Profile
Will the April/May and June/July Bulletins soon be added to the on-line reading list, please?
Thanks .

John R
Go to Top of Page

BobRichards RIP

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2015 :  09:31:51  Show Profile
Thanks for your kind words David.

I hope to reply to the questions re the centre pages and on-line bulletins when I have been able to make contact with the people involved.
Go to Top of Page

BobRichards RIP

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2015 :  10:47:22  Show Profile
The April Bulletin is now available to view on-line, we apologize for the delay as this was overlooked. The June issue should follow shortly.
Go to Top of Page

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2015 :  23:09:16  Show Profile
Many thanks, Bob.
John R
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hinton

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2015 :  10:53:29  Show Profile
A really good read, well done all concerned. I particularly liked the 'building a PB Special' item with more to come.

The R type holds a special fascination. MG had a 20 year lead with that, which was squandered by Lennard Lord's lack of knowledge, vision or common sense in cancelling the whole department in favour of big staid old design saloons.
The R type was so advanced in its thinking.. OK it still needed a few crucial changes which surely would have happened the following year. Not only would it have really speeded up racing chassis advances but it would have set out a blueprint for all production models chassis layout in both MG and Morris for decades to come.The whole outcome of the company post war might have been radically different with a big technolgical lead over all competitors in the mid price market - people would have beat a path to their door.

Anyway more on this model and the story around it and indeed progress report on any being rebuilt would be most welcome in future issues.
Keep up the good work - best club magazine I get for sure.

Richard Hinton

Edited by - Richard Hinton on 10/08/2015 10:55:00
Go to Top of Page

Richard Verrill

United Kingdom
346 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2015 :  13:39:54  Show Profile
Will the cartoon competition be posted on line?

Richard
PA1733 YA5206
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2015 :  12:38:53  Show Profile
Richard
Thank you for the "nudge". I don't have the cartoon yet, I will ask Bob to send me one
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

BobRichards RIP

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2015 :  22:54:33  Show Profile
The June Bulletin is now on-line and the latest cartoon is on its way.
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2015 :  00:39:41  Show Profile
The Cartoon has arrived
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1502 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2015 :  19:35:25  Show Profile
I had a very very quick look though and it looks great
Thankyou for another super edition :)

Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) and MG Motor (BTCC) and a big prewar MG fan, who would love to own one.
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6125 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2015 :  20:09:21  Show Profile
Bob,

For some reason the June Bulletin is formatted in such a way that each page only takes up half the width of the screen. See screenshot below. Can this be corrected as it doesn't happen with other issues?

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

BobRichards RIP

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2015 :  14:06:41  Show Profile
Ref Simon's question about the format of the on-line version of the June bulletin, this was chosen so that the centre spread (pages 22/23) can be seen as a whole rather than split into two separate pages as in the April Issue. As the type of software used to produce the bulletin may be changing we may explore other ways of producing a PDF.

The future of the centre spread depends on anumber of factors, eg the availability of suitable photos etc.
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6125 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2015 :  14:37:24  Show Profile
All clear now, Bob. Many thanks.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly