Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Seeking Dad's lost MG
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RogerMG

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2015 :  19:41:19  Show Profile
Seeking information about a MG my father owned early 1950's possibly 1954/55.Bought by my grandparents for my fathers 21st birthday as a pile of bits in the corner of a garage.Dad rebuilt the car and had to sell it just before he married my mother. A 1933 MG two seater soft top sports car,straight six engine,vertical magneto or Dynamo mounted on the front of the engine,possibly crank driven and prone to oil seal leaks.Carried two spare wheels of two different sizes as the front wheels were a different size to the rears.Hand painted in brushing cellulose deep maroon.Registered in East Yorkshire WF and four numbers possibly a 2 and 8 in the numbers.Sold to a man in Bradford who allegedly replaced the engine with a Ford engine.Dads memory failing a little as he is now 82.Any in

M.A.Potter

LewPalmer

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2015 :  23:07:32  Show Profile
The only 4 digit registration which fits the description of a 1933 6 cylinder car and which is on the Register is L0269 bearing the registration WF 5665. If you think that might be the one, our Registrar can possibly contact the current owner and have that person get in touch. However, even that is not a likely candidate as it was originally an L1 (4 seater) albeit rebuilt in L2 (2 seater) style. If that is not the car, it likely has not survived or is not listed on the Register.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

RogerMG

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2015 :  20:13:08  Show Profile
Thanks Lew,much appreciated.Possibly a non survivor.

M.A.Potter
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000