Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 J2 Dashboard
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Biggles

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2015 :  07:20:54  Show Profile
My car has been in a barn for 40 years but I am trying to recommission it rather than restore it. If anyone has replaced the original but tatty aluminium dashboard on their J2 with a shiny new one perhaps you might consider selling me your old one as a brand new one would look out of place on my car? Also an old radiator cap that has lost its chrome would be very welcome. Any help much appreciated. Cheers John Tinley

Ian Bowers

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2015 :  07:41:42  Show Profile
I have an old and tatty one which is currently in the process of being replaced by a shiny smart one.

The old one has had much of the machine turning polished away, and has several surplus holes scattered about the face.

If that is too tatty I will completely understand, otherwise you are welcome to it.

Ian Bowers
OD 6791
J3 3772
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2165 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2015 :  22:45:36  Show Profile
John

I have one I engine turned for one of my cars many years ago and looks 'very original' i.e. not shiny as it was never lacquered. It does though have the two extra 2 inch clock and temp holes for the deluxe layout and also an extra hole for a Kigass pump.

Its hanging up in the garage anyway if this would help you

Rich

Vintage MG Parts
Go to Top of Page

Biggles

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2015 :  08:31:08  Show Profile
Ian, many thanks for your very kind offer, however, I think I will go with Rich's offer as it sounds as if it might be in better condition.

Rich, many thanks. Much appreciated and I look forward to catching up with you and soon.

Many thanks, John Tinley
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000