Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 2016 Triple-M Track Day
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2015 :  07:53:56  Show Profile

Morning All,

We have the potential opportunity to have a Triple-M specific Track day slot in 2016 with "MGs on Track".

Venues could be :
• Goodwood Saturday ( Feb/March)
• Castle Combe Monday (June) NO1 Option
• Goodwood Monday (Oct).

Track days are a great way of having a blast at your pace, in your car without the cost or chaos of racing. I did around 50 laps in the PB at track days the year before I got my ARDS license.

So perfect for novices wanting to practise and or just anyone looking to just drive their cars and have some fun on track etc. No need for race licenses, overalls etc, and helmets can be hired on day. Multiple drivers allowed etc. All very relaxed!

The sessions would be limited to 10 cars, all road legal Triple-M Sports Cars only. 105db.

Rough estimate is about £150 for the day, more track time than you probably need!! So ridiculous value for money!

You no doubt appreciate that we have strict rules on track days with no racing or timing, overtaking by consent only and on the straights and in general, courteous behaviour on track.

So just looking to see if there is interest for this. (Minimum of 10 entries)

Please let me know thoughts

Mark Dolton

colintf

United Kingdom
1502 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2015 :  11:09:56  Show Profile
That sounds a great idea Mark

Pity I don't have a MMM car of my own (yet) :)

Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) and MG Motor (BTCC) and a big prewar MG fan, who would love to own one.
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2015 :  11:23:28  Show Profile
Hurry up!

Or come along and you can have a ride. passengers allowed!

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1502 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2015 :  11:42:18  Show Profile
Many thanks Mark, I'll hold you to that :)
Cheers
Colin

Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) and MG Motor (BTCC) and a big prewar MG fan, who would love to own one.
Go to Top of Page

MarkH

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2015 :  11:53:17  Show Profile
Hello Mark,

I could commit to October Goodwood.

Cheers,

Mark
J2

MSH
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2015 :  14:49:21  Show Profile
Thanks Mark

Pretty quick responses!!

So far we have the following interest:

• Goodwood Feb - 8
  • Castle Combe June - 5
  • Goodwood Oct - 2

Keep em coming, we could be on to a winner here!

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1502 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2015 :  16:06:52  Show Profile
Looks like you've struck gold with this idea Mark :)

Go to Top of Page

MarkH

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2015 :  16:20:13  Show Profile
Colin,

If I get to the venue, whichever date it is, you're welcome to drive my J2 on this basis: bend it, you fix it.

Mark H

MSH
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2015 :  17:36:05  Show Profile
Would a s/s be classed as "road legal"? Doesn't need an MOT after all & loads of eccentric types seem to drive on the road stripped (just asking, but may be pushing the boundaries a bit too much....).

JH

Would pop up to Castle Combe with one or t'other

Edited by - JMH on 01/10/2015 17:38:00
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2015 :  17:43:55  Show Profile
I think we could sort something. June probably fine. But as I understand it lights required for winter days.
Otherwise just noise and grouping sensibly.
M

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2015 :  17:47:11  Show Profile
I think we could sort something. June probably fine. But as I understand it lights required for winter days.
Otherwise just noise and grouping sensibly.
M

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1502 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2015 :  20:14:35  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by MarkH

Colin,

If I get to the venue, whichever date it is, you're welcome to drive my J2 on this basis: bend it, you fix it.

Mark H

MSH

That's a very kind offer Mark, Thankyou,

Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2015 :  21:22:17  Show Profile
Just call me "Captain Slow" Mark. I'm well versed with the Noise Police at CC, Usually fail on the meter (there's a wall about 10ft from where they test & un-burnt methanol "pops off" in the exhaust, causing the meter to bounce), but when they do the car on a drive by, it's well under the limit.

JH
Go to Top of Page

ags

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2015 :  00:19:32  Show Profile
Hi Mark,

You have got me considering possibilities, primarily for Castle Combe. I drove at both circuits back in the day and remember Goodwood as being OK, generally a power circuit but the chicane definitely needed a lot more technique than I could summon up. Castle Combe was interesting but very rough at that time, (Seventies Aston Martin club events) though it seems the surface is much improved nowadays.

Just to get things into perspective I probably did two or three race meetings for the proposed fee for this one day, but I will have to see whether the tyre fund, the camshaft fund or days out like this should take priority under the strict regime of the Household Finance Director.

More ramblings,

Andrew Smith
MMM571 - PB - Abergavenny
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2015 :  08:17:09  Show Profile

Well great to have you all.

Anyway response has been fantastic and we have about 17 interested parties and I m sure that will grow.

Looking at your responses it is realistic to plan for a pre season shake down with Woolly hats on and a Summer day out in June with a strawberries and cream debrief!!

Let me go away and see what I can negotiate for us!

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2015 :  14:45:17  Show Profile
Hi all,

We now have the date and the prices confirmed for the "MGs on Track" Goodwood day on Saturday 20th February.

Cost for the day will be £ 155.00 for MGCC members, £ 165.00 for non-members.

We would be allocated a Pre-War only session of 15 mins each hour with 10 cars in the session.

Noise limit is 98dB static .

Track time runs from 9.00 to 16.00 with an hour for lunch, first session of the day starts with sighting laps (usually 3) and then continue for the rest of the session in the normal way.

No license etc required, helmets can be hired on the day.

Sports cars with working lights.

I need to confirm our postion in the coming days, and payment will be required up front. If you wish to join can you pre-register with me asap, 1st come first served. If I have a suitable response I will then confirm full sign up details.

10 entries.

So please email me on mdjdolton@gmail.com

Thanks

Mark

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: