Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 Rotary Watch M-Type
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Reinout

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2020 :  03:34:21  Show Profile
A few weeks ago I bought this piece of advertising/promotion for Rotary Watches here on the MMM Forum. Apparently it is from the 80's was used as a display in jewelry/watch stores. It measures about 4 x 5 inches and there was a much larger version with the same M-Type as well.

It is a very pretty piece and just out of curiosity I'd like to learn some more about it. Does anybody know why they chose and MG M-Type? Is there a Rotary Watch and MG connection? Was the card part of series with other MGs or other cars? Was it to promote a specific car related watch-model or line of watches? Is it based on a photograph of a real M or does anybody know the artist?

Thanks for any information.
Reinout Vogt
Emma
1931 M-Type 2M/2735

Keith Durston

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2020 :  09:52:59  Show Profile
Reinout,
That is a lovely piece and I am intrigued by the picture which in many respects is very accurate but it has rear hinged (suicide) doors on a late body with the helmet wings which isn't accurate. The artist must have had some knowledge of the M type model if he was able to replicate the late bodied car but modify the door giving the chance to show the young ladies ankles as she exits the car with the help of her beau!
Keith
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1501 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2020 :  20:23:51  Show Profile
I saw this and thought about bidding, but I am pleased that I didn't and glad it's gone to a good home with you over there Reinout :)

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000