Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 PA Rev Counter colours
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leafrancis14

United Kingdom
323 Posts

Posted - 29/02/2020 :  20:10:51  Show Profile
Just out of idle curiosity, I have seen some PA Rev counters with the speed in second gear in yellow and others where it is white. Also, some with a light brown background and others with a very dark brown background. Does anyone know the original colours, or is this lost in the black and white mists of time?

This issue is tormenting me (only joking).

Barny Creaser

(Wellingborough)

LewPalmer

USA
3242 Posts

Posted - 29/02/2020 :  21:46:06  Show Profile
I make my decals with white, but I have seen some with yellow. I suppose it depends on when they were made.
The background varies. I find that the originals were a dark chocolate brown, but it's not unusual to see others where they have been sun faded to a light milk chocolate brown. Perhaps the same has happened to the yellow lettering - fading to almost white.

Now that's no help, is it?

Lew Palmer
PA1169, 2M1281

Edited by - LewPalmer on 29/02/2020 21:49:34
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2535 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2020 :  12:50:40  Show Profile
This is my rev counter in the state in which I bought the car in 1966

I would describe the 3rd gear speeds as orange rather than yellow as with those on the well known barn find car below. Lew, you may well be right and perhaps then yellow is a stage between orange and white?

The brown also appears quite dark and similar in tone to that of the mileometer. Most of its face area is of course covered up when installed so probably hasn't faded much.

Cheers,

Dave

Edited by - Oz34 on 01/03/2020 12:52:49
Go to Top of Page

leafrancis14

United Kingdom
323 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2020 :  18:18:09  Show Profile
Thanks very much, both. Great to see the originals as a reference.

This is mine, I've no idea of its originality or otherwise, but quite likely restored when the car was in the USA sometime in the eighties or nineties. It has a very dark brown background and I think the 3rd gear numbers as well as being white are also slightly bigger than on the originals pictured.

Barny Creaser

(Wellingborough)
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2535 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2020 :  21:26:22  Show Profile
Here's another one Barny.

difficult to know if the 3rd gear figures are smaller than yours; they're certainly a lot smaller than the 4th gear ones. The brown I think looks very similar to mine.

Dave

Edited by - Oz34 on 01/03/2020 21:26:43
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000