Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 L2078
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Robert R

Austria
320 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2020 :  17:52:35  Show Profile
L2078
Cover picture Source Norsk Register No. 7 from June 1972.
Is there any information on whether the L-Type has been completed? Is it still from the owner at that time?

Robert (F1164)

Robert R

Austria
320 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2020 :  19:32:52  Show Profile
At that time "new" acquired by Sekretær John Erik Skjefstad.
Organ for Norsk M.G. Register -
Humbug: The Norwegian Center of The M.G. Car Club. Grunnlagt 1970.

Robert (F1164)
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3238 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2020 :  19:42:25  Show Profile
L2078 was Used as a demonstrator by G L Francis Ltd, it was delivered by University Motors on 18th January 1934. It had a replacement engine fitted by the works in February 1936.There is no indication as to either colour or original UK Registration number.

There is no record of when the car was exported to Norway where it is still recorded still to be in Oslo. There has been no recent information and no photos are held on the Register.

The photo Robert has posted shows the car in poor condition, there is no indication to show the car as being L2078?

George
Registrar F/L/N types.

Edited by - George Eagle on 07/06/2020 19:44:27
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3238 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2020 :  19:45:11  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by George Eagle

L2078 was Used as a demonstrator by G L Francis Ltd, it was delivered by University Motors on 18th January 1934. It had a replacement engine fitted by the works in February 1936.There is no indication as to either colour or original UK Registration number.

There is no record of when the car was exported to Norway where it is still recorded to be in Oslo. There has been no recent information and no photos are held on the Register.

The photo Robert has posted shows the car in poor condition, there is no indication to show the car as being L2078?

George
Registrar F/L/N types.

Go to Top of Page

sven

Sweden
431 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2020 :  20:24:06  Show Profile
8 inch brakes??

Regards
Sven
Go to Top of Page

Robert R

Austria
320 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2020 :  21:01:48  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by George Eagle

There is no record of when the car was exported to Norway where it is still recorded still to be in Oslo. There has been no recent information and no photos are held on the Register.

George
Registrar F/L/N types.

Hello George, yes the L2078 is listed several times in the Norsky MG register.

.) Scan0001_Norsk MG Register No. 7 from June 1972_Titelbild

.) Scan0002_Norsk MG Register No. 7 from June 1972_Page 1
Here is the hint that it has just arrived from the UK.
The L2078 was mentioned several times with address in Oslo.

.) Scan0003_Organ for Norsk MG Register No. 23 from spring 1977

.) Scan0004_Organ for Norsk MG Register No. 24 from July 1977
A new address has been listed since July 1977.

The original paper newspapers are already very rare and there are only a few more. I only received newspapers from Norway again two weeks ago that I could scan. Of course, these were sent back to the owner.

John Erik Skjefstad was founding member No.1 in "The Norwegian Center of The M.G. Car Club". A few years ago there was a lecturer in the club. At that time the lecture was about the foundation and the first MG Register Rally Rally Kampesæter Fjellstue in Skåbu Norway from June 19-20, 1971
George, you can check that at any time. I also think that they have good contacts with MG clubs all over the world. So also to the Norwegian MG Club.

Robert (F1164)
Go to Top of Page

Robert R

Austria
320 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2020 :  15:09:16  Show Profile
Norwegian MG newspaper from 1981:
Looking back to the early days of 1970/1971.

John Erik Skjefstad, Oslo
The TD was sold, an L2 Magna was secured by the herostratic famous brothers Bone.
However, the car was rare. The condition was bad.

I am also sending the newspaper clipping.
The members of the Norwegian MG Register often bought cars from England to Norway. I know a lot of vehicles that have found their way to Norway. Unfortunately the cars were in very bad condition. Often the description didn't promise what it actually was. But MG lovers have invested a lot of time and money to restore the cars. So also the L2. The condition was bad. The 8 inch brake drum was not original.

George Eagle, I hope there is enough evidence that the L2 was owned by John Erik Skjefstad at the time.
I appreciate your distrust. But I think I have proven the existence of the L2078 several times. I cannot influence whether the registry will start this research. It would be a shame if this information was lost.

Robert (F1164)
Go to Top of Page

Robert R

Austria
320 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2020 :  21:03:10  Show Profile
I see that there is no picture of the L2 in the register. Research is often insufficient. Information from abroad could be helpful.
On the front page Norsk M.G. Register, the L2078 has just come from the UK. The new owner is backwards in the windbreaker.
In the past, the L2078 was given the wrong name "L2068". There was a correction later.
Maybe that's why you don't have any information about it in the UK.

Robert (F1164)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000