Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 Saloon? with M.G. P type AJO 300
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6119 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2023 :  20:04:11  Show Profile

I think we can definitely say it’s a Fourteen with the longer bonnet.

Fourteen

Twelve

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Elliot B

Australia
24 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2023 :  20:44:56  Show Profile
Greetings from down under. I can confirm that I have chassis P1726 & it is now the basis of the PA that I am rebuilding. I purchased the absolutely bare chassis a couple of years ago from Ray Fowler in Sydney. Ray wanted to purchase a J2 chassis quite a while ago & the deal included the P Type chassis as well. He had no use for it, so it had hung in the roof of his shed for years. I am rebuilding P1499 which had a very sad chassis (lots of corrosion & one broken rail). The fate of the original engine for P1499 is unknown (I'd love to hear from you if you know of 1705AP), so when a friend suggested a different chassis to keep my restoration moving, it seemed a good idea (no matching numbers to disturb). The attached picture shows where I am up to with the restoration. I hope to have it finished ready to be a part of a Pre-War MG rally here in Australia in October.

Elliot Burns
PA 1499
Go to Top of Page

Richard Verrill

United Kingdom
346 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2023 :  22:14:28  Show Profile
Elliot your restoration gives my hope to find MG 3880 (ex P1815 chassis change) a lift, or perhaps her parts as listed in previous have sustained others.

Richard
PA1733 YA5206
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000