Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 MG AJO 441
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Joe S

Switzerland
22 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2023 :  10:59:19  Show Profile
My friend David Upton, ex-RAF and aircraft historian, has received photos from the family of an RAF pilot who flew Westland Lysanders and Vickers Warwick aircraft during the war in support of the Resistance movements in Europe.
He was Flying Officer Luke Newhouse (born Lucien Rudolphe Niewenhuizen, a Dutchman). Apart from photographs of his aircraft, his daughter has photographs of the cars he had during the war, including an MG AJO 441.
David and the family would like to know more information about the car and if it still exists.
Here are two photos of the car, which I think is a P type.

Joe

Oz34

United Kingdom
2535 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2023 :  11:25:11  Show Profile
Lovely photos and indeed a PA. I was thrilled to see the same style of badge bar which my car has had for at least 57 years and which I have never seen elsewhere.
I'd often wondered if it was a postwar addition however, there it is on the airfield with headlamp masks and the Warwick sitting in the distance. Unlikely to have been a wartime production so must be pre-war.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2023 :  20:26:48  Show Profile
As far as we know, this is PA1594, which is not known to be a survivor.

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000