Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 Dash plaque Imperial Motors
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PimL1

Netherlands
120 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2023 :  18:12:04  Show Profile
Is there anybody who has a dash plaque, or other item about Imperial Motors, that can be used to make a replica. A picture is also very welcome.
Imperial Motors was situated in Bristol.
Pleased to hear,
Pim
The Netherlands
L1/0491

Moth eaten

Australia
946 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2023 :  06:41:41  Show Profile
Hi Pim
That will be difficult to find, but if you could find Morgans MG it would answer your quest.
The prob you might find is if you find that plaque getting it reproduced?

N.D.Willey
Go to Top of Page

mike.g

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2023 :  12:49:40  Show Profile
Hi Nigel,

I think a UK company called Pamela David Enamels may be able to help you. They re-enamel and can create badges from scratch.

Mike G.

m.j.gooch
Go to Top of Page

Moth eaten

Australia
946 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2023 :  20:57:13  Show Profile
Mike
I used them to re make the Wadham Bros. dash badge that disappeared from my car, but they no longer restore damaged enamel unfortunately, however they are still making new badges etc.

N.D.Willey
Go to Top of Page

Moth eaten

Australia
946 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2023 :  21:02:56  Show Profile
Here is the car that Pim needs to find, hopefully from this information and photo he may be able to locate it and its dash badge?

The MG displayed was a 1930 18/80, fitted with ‘Speed Model’ coachwork by Carbodies of Coventry. One of its earliest owners was the famous racing motorcyclist, Geoff Monty, who, in the 1950s and ‘60s, formed a racing partnership with Dudley Ward. During the years 1945 to 1987, owner Morgan Marshall of Imperial Motors in Bristol had several sporting successes with the car in events such as the Land End Trial. It is said that he covered some 300,000 miles during this time. Today, this car is in regular use with its present owner.

Being only the second MG ever displayed in the RAC building, it was a very special occasion. The MG Car Club President, John Day, said: “It’s a tremendous honour to have an MG in the RAC building. It’s the seat of British Motoring as we know it. As soon as the MG Car Club were asked to organise this, we jumped at the chance, as the RAC have always championed the cause of the motor car right from its inception. Kimber got it right when designing the 18/80. It has presence on the road and it has presence here in the RAC building.”

N.D.Willey
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2023 :  20:06:42  Show Profile
A wonderful car from my youth, which has been nicely restored - with 3 "missing" features: angle iron badge bar, ammo box full of spares on the running board & burnt surface on drivers side scuttle (from when the car had an "incident" in Frenchay Hospital car park). And, there should be a sheepskin jacket thrown over the seat....... Morgan was a legend.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000