Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Pre-War Ludlow – 19th to 21st July 2024
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2024 :  16:40:58  Show Profile
Following the pause in the annual Pre-War Prescott gatherings, the weekend is being replaced by Pre-War Ludlow in 2024, over our traditional third weekend in July. All MMM owners are very warmly invited to what is expected to be a major new event in the vintage calendar.

The weekend format will roughly follow our regular format for Friday and Sunday, now Saturday and Sunday. That is, a Tour on Saturday to a place of particular interest, followed by our regular Sunday Navigation Rally and parallel Scenic Tour with a lunchtime Vintage Picnic and cream teas with results and awards in the afternoon. And of course, there will be three evenings of social gatherings to complete the weekend.

With the very significant relief from the workload of organizing Prescott on Saturday, it will now be possible to make the two road days even better. To that end, an expanded Navigation Rally is in the works which will include a Team Challenge where teams of three cars (by marque, model or just good friends!) will compete for our famed Naughty Nymph Trophy, among other awards.

Additionally, there was a very welcome development in December. I was contacted by Trevor John, the membership Secretary of the VSCC Light Car Section who let me know that, because of the proximity of the VSCC’s 90th Jubilee celebrations in August, the Section would not be running their traditional Summer Rally in 2024. He asked, therefore, if the LC&ES could join us at the Pre-War Ludlow weekend. Of course the answer was yes!

The weekend’s website is now in development and I will post the link to it here shortly. In the meantime, the Entry From is now available and can be found at https://www.vintageminor.co.uk/PWL%202024/Pre-War%20Ludlow%202024%20Entry%20Form.pdf

If you require accommodation information, this will also be included on the new website, but PM me now if you are planning to come along and I can share the information I have.

Watch this space for more information as it becomes available.

colintf

United Kingdom
1501 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2024 :  18:00:16  Show Profile
Sounds good Ian :)

Colin Murrell
PA0786 (D0285 previously)
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)

https://www.triple-mregister.org/racing.asp

http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mikeenty

United Kingdom
198 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2024 :  20:04:20  Show Profile
Pm sent.
Mike
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2024 :  19:27:06  Show Profile
Probably time for a quick update.

Currently 9 MMM entries:

1935 M.G. NB Lees, Michael
1933 M.G. J2 Back, Hugh
1930 M.G. M Dalby, Mike
1933 M.G. P Entwisle, Mike
1934 M.G. PA Davies, Roger and Sue
1935 M.G. NB Little, Chris
1932 M.G. M Harnden, Matt
1934 MG PA Creaser, Barnaby
1934 M.G. PA Warr, Ron

Plus a couple more in the pipeline. Shaping up to be a very good weekend. I retired last week so can now concentrate full time on the planning! Currently spending some time with family in Florida before heading back to Herefordshire where we arrive late June via the QAM2 with our three dogs, so this year, we'll be able to spend the last three weeks doing route recce's on the ground.

The event website with downloadable entry form is at https://www.vintageminor.co.uk/Summerrally2024/Summer_Rally_2024.html and I've added a link to the entry list.

In particular, we are looking for teams of three to enter the Sunday Navigation Rally - three of the same marque, model or just good friends with a suitably pithy team name! As always, any questions, just PM orf e-mail me.

Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2024 :  18:30:19  Show Profile
The following just sent to Midlands Air Ambulance:

"Good evening,

My name is Ian Grace and I run a vintage car club that holds annual rallies around the UK.

For the past 15 years, the RAF Charitable Trust has been our club's designated charity and we have raised funds at our annual summer rallies at Prescott in Gloucestershire.

Shortly after last year's event at Prescott, an elderly couple - Gaston and Annie Lenaerts from Belgium - were very seriously injured when their pre-war M.G. was involved in a collision just north of Prescott, after the event. The Midlands Air Ambulance was called from Strensham and airlifted the most seriously injured occupant of the M.G. - Annie Lenaerts - to hospital in Gloucester. After a twelve hour operation, her legs were saved, in great part due to the swift response of your helicopter in very marginal weather conditions.

I am therefore planning to switch our designated charity to you, starting with our Pre-War Ludlow rally this July.

We are not the largest of clubs, but I expect to be able to donate around GBP 1,000 annually going forward, being 10% of our rally entry fees.

I hope that this will, in some very small way, repay our priceless debt to you for your rescue flight last July."
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1501 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2024 :  18:43:41  Show Profile
That’s a nice idea Ian :)

Colin Murrell
PA0786 (D0285 previously)
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)

https://www.triple-mregister.org/racing.asp

http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3242 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2024 :  19:04:19  Show Profile
Well done!

Lew Palmer
PA1169, NA0651
Go to Top of Page

Keith Durston

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2024 :  19:39:16  Show Profile
What a great gesture Ian. Well done.
Keith
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2024 :  11:19:56  Show Profile
Just a reminder that entries remain open for the Pre-War Ludlow weekend, 20th/21st July.

Find full details and the Entry Form at https://www.vintageminor.co.uk/Summerrally2024/Summer_Rally_2024.html.

11 MMM cars entered so far.
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2024 :  13:45:54  Show Profile
And this just in from Koen Linearts:

"Dear Ian,

Thank you for the invitation to Pre-War Ludlow and the intention to support the Midlands Air Ambulance. The helicopter people saved the life of my mother, we all are so grateful.
At this moment the situation at home has changed a lot with her recovery. She needs a lot of support and even more now that she finally left the hospital and Gaston cannot leave her alone. She is able to walk some steps with a walker. The situation is still very difficult, we hope that it will improve more in the coming months. Therefore we are not able to attend your meeting this summer.

The car was finally released last February.

We wish you a lot of success and good weather for your meeting.

Kindest regards and thanks from the whole family.

Koen Lenaerts"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000