Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 J2 chassis no., registration no. and first owner.
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JLP

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2024 :  10:50:38  Show Profile
If memory serves me correctly, the late Mike Hawke spent a considerable time examining all available J2 chassis files in order to record the initial registration number, the owner, as well as other data, against the chassis number.
I am sure Mike would have intended his work to be generally available.
My questions are:- Were the results of that work published and if so are they generally available?

Jeremy

Onno

Netherlands
1044 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2024 :  11:01:08  Show Profile
have you found the "browse the register" feature that includes a lot of this information?
https://www.triple-mregister.com/browsereg.php

Onno "J,D,M" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

JLP

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2024 :  11:26:38  Show Profile
Thank you Onno,
I have indeed seen that resource. However it is a MMM Register and therefore includes MMM registered cars only.
It does not include original registration number nor the original owner, both of which are so important. Additionally Mike often added further notes if that info was recorded on the chassis file.

Jeremy
Go to Top of Page

Digby

United Kingdom
133 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2024 :  12:44:53  Show Profile
Jeremy, I have this (2 pages) but it is mostly competition information. I think I may have seen the list you mention and may have an extract, will look further but Jeremy Hawke will no doubt have the original.

Edited by - mgmog on 21/03/2024 12:48:44
Go to Top of Page

JLP

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2024 :  13:05:25  Show Profile
Digby,
Thanks. As you said the list that you showed was a list based on competition data.
Yes, perhaps Jeremy Hawke might well be the person who would know about the list in which I am interested.
Jeremy
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2024 :  14:33:21  Show Profile
Hi Jeremy. Dad's J2 research sits in 2 parts:
1, a summary bound document which he last has printed off in 2010. There are 3 copies of this; one I have, one went to the MMM Registrar & one is in the MGCC library. It's about the size of the old (large) yellow pages & contains the basic information on each car where known & owner/comp/mod hizt9etc.
2, The source information/pictures/ correspondence with owner's etc is stored on several bookshelves at Mums. I have a somewhat long term project of scanning it all!
Hopefully we'll meet up with the J2s again this year?
Regards,
JH

His 'live' summary sits his old PC I've added to it as new cars have emerged like they do from time to time. He also had a list of all the MMMs he came across since he first got the J2 in 1953, many have ceased to exist but that "unknown" L Type saloon with loads of non MG running gear that appeared a while back was on it#128578;

Edited by - JMH on 21/03/2024 14:45:50
Go to Top of Page

JLP

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2024 :  21:26:26  Show Profile
Jeremy,
Thank you explaining the breakdown of your Dad's J2 research. I do remember discussing it with him and being made aware of the long time taken to extract and record, for each J2, the specific data that he was after.
I believe that one element of the data that he recorded was the original registration number for each J2. Do you know if this is correct?

Thank you for saying who has copies. I will contact the MMM Registrar with my enquiry.

Yes, lets hope we are able to meet up sometime this year. Its been a very long time since our J2s were together!

Regards,
Jeremy

Go to Top of Page

johnmereness

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2024 :  16:16:18  Show Profile
Digby - could you post both pages ?

JMM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked