Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 L1 windscreen glass
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ozzings

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  14:25:21  Show Profile
Hi
Can anyone help me , I need a new windscreen glass for my L1
Paul

Paul

tonym

United Kingdom
653 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  14:53:14  Show Profile
There used to be a firm that was able to produce laminated flat windscreen glass in Leeds.
They were situated the other side of the ex-railway viaduct, near Dunelm at the Armley Gyratory.
I forget what they were called and they might not exist anymore.[it was quite some time ago]
Maybe Dr Google can help
Go to Top of Page

DK6780

United Kingdom
248 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  15:40:53  Show Profile
Any windscreen fitter can provide flat glass with any required holes. But don't let them bond it in.
Go to Top of Page

i.thomson

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  18:45:50  Show Profile
Be careful what thickness you get as glass, like so many things, now comes in metric sizes. I don't have an L but the J was 1/4 in which is 6.36 mm. You may want to use modern laminated glass and most glass places should be able to cut this for you. Be mindful that as well as the glass itself there are various soldered on parts for fasteners and/or wipers inside which have to be accommodated with cutouts to the glass and the cutters may not be able, or willing, to cut round these. In addition the rubber channel can be problematic with many ingenious solutions to be found in the archives.
Good Luck.
Ian
Go to Top of Page

Nick Dean

United Kingdom
444 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2024 :  22:39:47  Show Profile
I use Dorset Glass Co, Bournemouth. Laminated. Fixing with Geocel black rubber gutter sealant. If you want to do it yourself, email me, maybe I can help. I have done many screens. Nick.

N A Dean
Go to Top of Page

Ozzings

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2024 :  09:25:23  Show Profile
Thanks for all your replies #128522;

Paul
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly