Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 N or K chassis parts
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

L0409

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2024 :  23:23:50  Show Profile
Looking for N or K trunnion boxes and front spring-eye mounts (front of dumb-irons). Anything useful for patterns or dimensions to enable repair, reproduction or fabrication. Location - Australia. Cheers.

Westbury

United Kingdom
2008 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2024 :  12:26:19  Show Profile
Hello, Doug.
I can’t help with trunnions or dumb iron ends but I can help with measurements if required.
Cheers,
Chris
Go to Top of Page

Dan F

USA
843 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2024 :  14:40:47  Show Profile
I may be able to help with trunions boxes but you’re have to help me ID them. Send me an email please.
Thanks
Dan
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2008 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2024 :  21:51:31  Show Profile
Hello, Dan.
If Doug is needing trunnion boxes he may not have details. Could I suggest you send me pictures and measurements and I will be able to say what they are?
Regards,
Chris
P.S. Could you include the size of the spring opening. ( width)

Edited by - Westbury on 06/07/2024 21:55:33
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2008 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2024 :  12:41:22  Show Profile
For information:-
Dan has sent me pictures of his trunnion box castings and I can confirm they are of K type pattern.( Okay for the N type as well.)
They look lie Ron Grant castings.
Chris
Go to Top of Page

L0409

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2024 :  14:38:03  Show Profile
Great News - thanks!! Very much appreciated!
quote:
Originally posted by Westbury

Dan has sent me pictures of his trunnion box castings and I can confirm they are of K type pattern.( Okay for the N type as well.)
Chris

Go to Top of Page

L0409

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2024 :  15:31:15  Show Profile
From an earlier forum post I see that there are slight differences between N (left) and K (right) - does the K require a bit of packing underneath the mount to suit an N chassis? Both seem very close in form.

quote:
Originally posted by Westbury

Chris

Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2008 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2024 :  15:41:51  Show Profile
Hello, Doug.
Dan’s castings are really for the K type in that they have the added boss for the extra bolt. ( five on the K type, four on the N type.) Shouldn’t need any packing to fit either chassis.
Cheers,
Chris
Go to Top of Page

L0409

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2024 :  22:24:22  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Dan F

I may be able to help with trunions boxes but you’re have to help me ID them. Send me an email please.
Thanks
Dan

Hi Dan - I don't seem to be able to get emails to you due to some sort of online security - they bounce back & go to "spam".
My email - hoodoog53@gmail.com
I will definitely buy a pair of your K-type trunnion box castings. Please try to email me directlycwith all costs. I will send address details for postage. Westbury has confirmed that your trunnion boxes are OK for my needs. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000