Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 MG J2 weather gear pattern
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Russel Hertzog

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2024 :  13:31:01  Show Profile
Does anyone have a pattern for sale I can use, or know where I can buy one? I need the pattern for the top, and would also like one for the side curtains. - russelhertzog@gmail.com

Russel Hertzog

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6123 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2024 :  15:39:05  Show Profile
Russel,
As car bodies vary so much, you may find it hard to get a pattern but may I suggest you have a look at this article - https://www.triple-mregister.org/uploads/retro/J-type_hood.pdf

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Russel Hertzog

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2024 :  16:30:09  Show Profile
Thanks Simon J. I was looking for exactly that article which was recommended on another thread, but couldn't find it (my searching limitations, I'm sure). Once I read it, may I get back to you with a few questions? I have plenty of double duck material from "Whoolies Trim."

Q1 would be: My J2 has a Steve Gilbert body., but the top frame frame was not installed by the PO, and I am looking for the mounting hole coordinates on the wheel arches.

Russel Hertzog
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6123 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2024 :  18:36:49  Show Profile
Russel,
That very question in answered in the article under the sub heading 'Hood Frame’

And not finding the article is no reflection on your searching skills as the search function only extends to the Forum and not to the entire site. You’d have to use Google search for that. For example entering the following in the address bar of your browser will find the article straightaway:

J2 hood site:triple-M register.org

The general format to search any website is <search terms> site:<website address> (Leave a space between the search terms and 'site:’ but no space before the website address. )

Simon J
J3437

Edited by - Simon Johnston on 20/07/2024 18:39:48
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000