Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 MG J2 weather gear pattern
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6176 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2024 :  10:04:04  Show Profile
To be honest, Dave, I just screwed the studs back in after rechroming the frame and never gave them any more thought. And I’d say you’re right that there isn’t room for nuts. Must have been my imagination!

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Richard Le Flufy

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2024 :  11:49:51  Show Profile
Russel
I had mine made last year after much research and reading Simon's article and the result is shown in the attached photos.
The rear window is slightly larger than the original for better visibility and, importantly, as can just be seen in the old photo in the article, is rounded. I simply hand drew it on paper for the upholsterer to make.
I will take photos of the side curtains as they are attached in a particular way and send you more detail to your email address.
I do not have door side screens - too restrictive!
The studs on the windscreen are just threaded in the frame as already commented by others.
good luck
Richard

RLF
J3618
Go to Top of Page

Russel Hertzog

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2024 :  12:46:35  Show Profile
Thanks Richard. I replied to your recent email, too. The pattern you send with be very helpful. Love your late-model J2 with those beautiful swept-wings! Very stylish. - Russ

Russel Hertzog
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000