Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Jeremy Prince R.I.P
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

njnh

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2024 :  20:28:11  Show Profile
It is with great sadness that I report the sad passing of Jeremy Prince, a long time MMM and MGCC stalwart. I first met Jeremy and around five years ago at Prescott and we instantly became good friends. Jeremy was a trained engineer and an enthusiast for most things mechanical, encompassing MGs, cyclemotors and (uniquely?) vintage British Seagull outboard motors. His maintained his J2 in excellent mechanical fettle and took pride in ensuring it didn’t look over-polished! He had owned it for many years and, in earlier days, he competed in numerous trials, autotests and hillclimbs to good effect. Jeremy was also an accomplished coastal sailer and navigator. He approached everything he did with joyful enthusiasm that was delightful to all who were fortunate to know him.
My wife and I will greatly miss Jeremy, and our condolences go to his wife Bobbie and their grown-up children who were at his bedside when he died peacefully at home on Sunday morning.
Nigel H

mgmog

United Kingdom
470 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2024 :  21:14:48  Show Profile
How sad, we were emailing just last week and he was enjoying reading some old books to find something to do.

Condolences to friends and family.

Rich Stott
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3247 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2024 :  09:46:04  Show Profile
How very sad. I first met Jeremy at a local Noggin and natter 50 years ago, he lived in Cirencester and at the time I lived near Malmesbury.

Jeremy was very proud of the history of his swept wing J2 - chassis J4227 - which had been trialled by W J “Dickie” Green who was the first owner. The record shows Jeremy had owned the car since July 1967 and as noted he did use it in trials.

Another Triple-M stalwart has passed away.

George

Edited by - George Eagle on 30/08/2024 09:48:12
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
915 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2024 :  13:08:45  Show Profile
Sad news, Jeremy was a SW Centre stalwart over many years, J4277 (always reliable) regularly contesting class awards with J2396 back in the day.

JH
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000