Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Events | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Shell film on 1930s car suspension
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Oz34

United Kingdom
2606 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2024 :  11:55:42  Show Profile
Quite by chance found this film on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR-stkwZhaM&list=PLEPIVJVCFQH2hoYONdHiQlVrvYQ-k4Xay&index=18

It's from the Shell Film Unit Historical Archive. The archive bears some looking through as well.

Dave

BOB27

Australia
134 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2024 :  06:12:10  Show Profile
Hi All, Thanks Dave for the tube link. I have had a good look at some of the films and some are more entertaining than what is served up on the BOX most nights BOB 2M1272
Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
777 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2024 :  10:07:11  Show Profile
Back in the 60's The Odeon in Leicester Square, used to have film shows at about midnight, after the main films had finished, showing many of these Oil companies filmsdidnt BP do them as well? It was organised by the BRSCC. In those days, at that time of night you could park almost anywhere and the Square and surrounding streets were filled with loads of very interesting cars. Afterwards we would go to Covent Garden where there were lots of coffee vans open.
Also one of the motor clubs in the Enfield area where I then lived, I think it must have been The Orchard Motor Club arranged similar film shows at the Eastern Gas Showrooms in Sydney Road, Enfield.

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
573 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2024 :  11:21:26  Show Profile
There were similar shows organised by the BRSCC held at the REX cinema in Wilmslow . We used to have a gathering of friends at home before all driving off to Wilmslow for the mid-night show. There was no You Tube or anything like it in the ‘60s so this was a great opportunity to see the Shell films , all introduced , on stage , by leading motorsport personalities . Happy days !
Go to Top of Page

Peter Dowson

United Kingdom
64 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2024 :  11:24:19  Show Profile
An old chap in our village was into old projectors and films, and occasionally put on the odd show. He had lots of old shell films. Always a good night.

Peter - PA0448 - 4 Seater
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000