Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG J2 for sale - Barnfind
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

Gideon

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2012 :  01:00:19  Show Profile
A J2 is currently being auctioned on Ebay as item number 320849321725 and has a starting bid of 3,000 GBP

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1933-MG-J2-BARNFIND-PREWAR-MMM-J-TYPE-/320849321725?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4ab41c1efd#ht_500wt_1165

Gideon

mgptype

United Kingdom
709 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2012 :  11:19:00  Show Profile
Terry Bone had this J2 for sale last year or the year before.
It is in the same condition as it was then. even showing the same pictures on ebay that Terry had on his website. The registration number is CZ3476 chassis number J2 4154.
You can still see the pictures under cars sold on Terrys site.

Fred.
PA 0788
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1044 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2012 :  11:25:13  Show Profile
See I thought it looked familiair!

Some of the discription is exactly the same as on Terry's site

Onno "D" Könemann

Edited by - Onno on 15/02/2012 11:28:00
Go to Top of Page

greg

United Kingdom
833 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2012 :  11:32:11  Show Profile
I believe this car was for sale a few years ago in Ireland I'm sure it was on eBay at 15,000 then terry bone had it for sale a little while later for the same kind of money, now it's come up again. I think there's something fishy about it. Could be a con. I don't like the way they are selling it? It should be advertised at a set price but they are trying to get every one bidding against each other to get a stupid price. I don't like to see things sold this Way it messes too many people about its not the way to do business.
Go to Top of Page

Gideon

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2012 :  14:36:33  Show Profile
This car was originally sold by Terry Bone and the same photos and description have been used….. but what difference does that make if the car has not materially changed? I bought this car with a view to restoring it, I have not had the occasion to do so yet, I have other projects on my plate, I wish to invest in another vehicle and accordingly am selling this perfectly good project car on, in exactly the same state as it was when I bought it. Hence, I see no issue with using the same ACCURATE description of the vehicle and the same REPRESENTATIVE photographs.

Anyhow, Greg:
1) I shall start by explaining (not that I should need to), that this is my car. You have no idea how much I paid for it, unless of course Terry wrote you a personal email after the event to let you know his sale price. Accordingly how dare you start throwing numbers around in open forum?
2) Considering that you have never seen this car, that you don’t own it and you know absolutely nothing about it, bar the description that you read and the photos that you saw, who are you to say that “there’s something fishy about it”? There is nothing "fishy" about it whatsoever!
3) As for your, “Could be a con”, I shall thank you to take this opportunity to make a public apology to me for your outrageous suggestion. You and I have never met, never spoken and you know nothing about me. The last thing that I and my decision to sell my car represents, is a con. This is a forum for gentlemen and ladies, sharing a common interest in vehicles and the atmosphere of a bygone era. This is not a forum for ignorant and uneducated libelous commentary. I am insulted by you, sir!
4) With regard to how I sell my car, I care not for your opinion, for who are you to dictate how an individual should try to part with their possessions? If I wish to sell it on Ebay, without a set price, that is entirely my decision and is absolutely nothing to do with you. If you don’t like auctions, I suggest that you write a letter of complaint to the likes of Christies, Sotheby’s, Bonhams, Phillips de Pury, Mecum and Barret-Jackson explaining that you object to their “trying to get every one [sic] bidding against each other to get a stupid price”. Incidentally, Sotheby’s has been trading since 1744, perhaps you should advise them of your novel way of conducting a sale or auction, which does not involve facilitating individuals’ bidding against one another for objects that they all desire…..after all according to you, the auction process, “messes too many people about [sic] its not the way to do business”. Alternatively, you might wish to visit the following Wikipedia explanation of the auction process, which details recordings of auctions dating back to 500BC, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auction. I am humbled otherwise by your correction of 2,000 plus years of history and barter.

From an insulted, but honourable member of this forum.

Gideon
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1722 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2012 :  15:08:50  Show Profile
Ouch!

Gideon, It is probably the use of the expression "barnfind" that triggered Greg's comments. There are so many barnfinds over here these days and there probably aren't enough barns for it to be possible!

I thought from reading your initial post that you had just spotted it on eBay and were kindly bringing it to our attention.

Anyway, glad to hear it is kosher and I hope you manage to find a good home for it.

Cheers

P

Edited by - PeterL on 15/02/2012 15:09:30
Go to Top of Page

greg

United Kingdom
833 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2012 :  15:11:05  Show Profile
Sorry I didn't realise it was your car . There are people selling things from other peoples photos of things what have previously been sold using the same photos. I thought I could be a con because is has the same photos.
Go to Top of Page

greg

United Kingdom
833 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2012 :  15:21:58  Show Profile
I really am sorry I got it wrong. I suppose it's better to put it on eBay as your in America people can view it and bid what they think it's worth. It's good as it still has its original engine in 90% of j barn finds all have ford engines in. Quite rare to get them like this nowadays.
Go to Top of Page

Wyn Lewis

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2012 :  15:35:30  Show Profile
Bearing in mind recent posts from a sin binned member, it's refreshing that two people have posted so sensibly. I had another car prior to my J2 and there were many cons going on and Greg I suspect was suggesting caution, no more than that. I understand Gideon's response, I suspect I would feel the same if acting in goodfaith and good too of Greg to reply so quickly with an explanation. Quite refreshing I think.
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3371 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2012 :  20:18:16  Show Profile
Before this gets any more out of hand, I have decided to wield the red pen and draw this discussion to a close. Greg made a post responding to the original topic written by Giddeon that I edited and moved to this forum. Giddeon responded to Greg's reply and Greg apologised (twice). Good for you Greg.
I deleted all the posts after that one and I have locked this topic.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000