Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 KN Lester Special?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2013 :  11:17:02  Show Profile
Chassis number is KN0433, initially supplied as chassis only to UM to receive one of their stunning Speed Model bodies.
This picture popped up on Facebook the other day and was taken in the streets of London in 1955 by John Hendy. Another Lester body?
It is not listed in the current register, but as it clearly survived the war, it could well be about somewhere still?

Regards,
Cat

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2013 :  12:15:31  Show Profile
Looks similar to George Phillips MGTC special that was bodied by lester , as raced at Le Mans so could be done by Lesters, Oliver
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3237 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2013 :  18:25:59  Show Profile
It certainly does look like the TC referred to by Oliver.

It must have made a fun car and looks to be in very good condition.

I hope it does survive and will surface one day although I expect it would inevitably end up as a K3 rep!

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
963 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2013 :  12:09:00  Show Profile
The following is posted on behalf of Stewart Penfound (Registrar for the T Register):

The Lester body on George Phillips' TC was replaced with a lighter one for Le Mans, built by Ted Goodwin, so whilst the KN looks like the Phillips TC, the similarity is to the Goodwin body. The Lester body was taller and narrower and with his trademark teardrop radiator grille, very similar to the ones he had made for his L special HRO 33 and PB JUR 630.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000