Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 F Type Stiles Period Photo
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mg251

United Kingdom
198 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2013 :  14:35:52  Show Profile
I recently purchased a print of a photo of an MG F1 with Stiles coachwork. The partial registration looks like FH 75** which is a Gloucester series. I suspect the photograph was taken during the war as there are white tips on the rear wings. The car also has many accessories fitted including a bakelite windscreen demister, 2 interior mirrors, sea plane radiator mascot, larger headlamps and 12" brakes. It also has Astra II written on the bonnet. Any idea if the car exists?

Thanks,
Bob.

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2013 :  17:02:01  Show Profile
There is an FH75** on the register - FH 7569, which is an F-type owned by Fred Boothby who sunscribes to this Forum. No mention of it having a Stiles body, though.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Nr. Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2013 :  17:05:21  Show Profile
Was my old car!! Now being rebuilt as an F2 , but I think was a styles originally.
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1722 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2013 :  16:08:33  Show Profile
According to my researches of a couple of years ago, if this is Oliver's old car it is F0576 which I was told by John Inness was originally a 4 seater tourer. It seems therefore that it must have been fitted with a Stiles body later on. I gather that this Stiles body was then used as the basis for the rebuild of one of the current Stiles F Types.

Cheers

P
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000