Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 VX 6849 1930 Midget
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

semisport

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2014 :  21:48:35  Show Profile
Can anyone tell me anything at all about this image of VX 6849, a 1930 Essex registered Midget? In particular I would like to know when and at what event this image was taken? (The competition number is 37)

Chris

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2014 :  10:29:31  Show Profile
Chris,

I am fairly sure that the section is Postman's Walk, which is just up the road from the village of Wye in east Kent, just a few hundred yards from the "Wye Crown" which is a feature cut into the side of the hill. The section was frequently used in pre-war Kentish trials such as the Bossom or the Wye Cup and the low competition number falls in line wih other photographs I have seen of cars on this section. It was a very chalky track with a steepish gradient in parts (particuarly on the startline) which quite often produced many failures on its slippery surface. The track is now tarmacced which ends at a farm house at the top of the hill.

Being "one-day" trials, the route cards used consisted of a typed single sheet of the cheapest paper possible, and in wet weather rarely survived the day. If any lucky reader has route cards featuring this section, and others in the area such as Buckwell's Bank, Whatsole Street, Shrubbs Wood, Stowting, Dane (or Palmstead), Upinturn or Coombeback I would love to get hold of a copy.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

semisport

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2014 :  13:13:13  Show Profile
Thank you Colin. I did check in 'Cowbourne' but couldn't find anything there and the sparseness of the crowd indicated that it probably wasn't a big national event.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3237 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2014 :  09:34:15  Show Profile
The Registration number is not listed in the 2013 printed Register. Pity!

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000