Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 First J2s in America
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

boltonmg

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2014 :  20:49:12  Show Profile

When Sam Collier became the MG distributor for MG in America in August 1934, his first order was for six used J2s. We own one of them, the ex-Langley/Bastock trials car (J2594) which was a member of the pre-Cream Cracker trials team. I am trying to find out the chassis numbers of the other 5 J2s. Sam Collier had previously purchased the ex-Macdermid team car (J2416). I wonder if any others of the batch of six were previously trials cars? The two photos are of the blue J2 in that group. The first is how it probably looked in November 1934. Is that a mechanic's or bouncer's grab handle behind Hugh Bancroft's right arm? Has anyone seen a photo of a blue J2 with such a handle? The second photo is of the dash as it was in 1936 and is highly modified. Has anyone seen a period photo of a trials car dash with speedo and rev counter like this or is this post-34 American? I do recognize the ARCA registration plate between the PLC and the clock. According to Roger Thomas and Mike Hawke, J2653, the third member of the team, Toulmin's J2, still exists but is not in the Register. I am wondering if it came to America and then went back and these are pictures of it.
Then there are four more to try to identify!
Cheers,
Peter

Peter Ross
PA0251 & PA0255
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000