Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Christmas Present.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Brian Kelly

USA
526 Posts

Posted - 25/12/2015 :  05:49:01  Show Profile

It's that time of year. I know that a number of you have found model railway trains under your Christmas tree on the 25th in the past but this year here's a train track for every member of the MMM Forum.

Merry Christmas and Good Cheer to all.

The Copper Canyon Railway. Chihuahua to Los Mochis, Mexico. The railway covers over 400 miles, climbs 8000 feet into the Sierra Tarahumara, passes over 36 bridges and through 87 tunnels. Unbelievable Journey.

The first photo is the Monument to the people involved in it's construction. The second photo shows the track entering a half mile long horse shoe tunnel that drops about 150-200 feet.

All photos taken from the train within the drop and the loops.

All aboard who's going aboard.....................

Have a Great Day and Festive Season.

Brian.

Edited by - Brian Kelly on 25/12/2015 05:53:15

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3237 Posts

Posted - 25/12/2015 :  09:37:48  Show Profile
What an amazing civil engineering masterpiece!

Thanks for sharing the photos and best wishes for the festive season to you and all our members.

George
L2023

Edited by - George Eagle on 25/12/2015 09:39:54
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 25/12/2015 :  12:10:17  Show Profile
Merry Christmas to all in the MMM Registry and especially those of you who have helped me with my research into my two J2s. Please find attached the chassis number stamping of Cottinghams racer J4129 that until now I have kept private in his honour, but its Christmas with a new year ahead and I feel that's it now time to release this.

Chris ( J2353 ) & ( J4129 )

Brighton, East Sussex & Paphos, Cyprus.
Go to Top of Page

Widung

Sweden
189 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2015 :  14:09:38  Show Profile
I agree - a fantastic trip!
There is only one train per day, so we left the train at Creel for an overnight stay in a native reserve - no electricity, beautiful nature and good food. At the station next day we noticed a number of parallel traces in the ceramic floor near the door - traces of bullets...
In a Chihuahua museum you can see the car Pancho Villa was ambushed in...

Jan Widung
PB0635
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000