Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Visit McAlpine railway and museum at Fawley, Oxon?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2016 :  20:36:50  Show Profile
Hello folks,

As some of you may know I'm involved as a steam loco driver at Sir William McAlpine's private, standard gauge (=full size!) steam railway at Fawley Hill nr. Henley-on-Thames. There is the opportunity for a Triple-M Register group visit during 2016 - in 'proper' cars, naturally! The previous Triple-M visit was in 2013 so we are due a return!

We can have one or other of the following dates:
Sunday 24th July
Sunday 14th August

If you'd be interested in joining in, just send me an e-mail to richard dot morbey at gmail dot com stating which one or more of the dates interest you.

I'm hoping we can get together a group of 30 or more visitors and a good lineup of cars!

The only cost is a 'suggested donation' of £10 per person. Young children go free! We can sort all that out later but first let's see whether we can get a group together.

Over to you all!
Dick

PS For those who don't know the setup, the railway is an 'out and back' railway of one and a quarter miles in length with two junctions and a wealth of historic artefacts. It runs up and down a 1 in 13 gradient so the 1913 0-6-0ST loco has to work very hard. There is also a large museum which has been described as the next best outside York! See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVn4Ycn9bOw

and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuoB3NL8jWY with a young version of your chairman driving!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 18/05/2016 16:29:57

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2016 :  15:29:41  Show Profile
I've had two expressions of interest so far - nor really enough for a group visit as yet, though!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Keith Wallace

United Kingdom
367 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2016 :  15:41:14  Show Profile
Dick.

Wendy & I would go again if it were to be the August date.

Keith.
Go to Top of Page

Max Headroom

United Kingdom
292 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2016 :  18:03:11  Show Profile
I don't yet unfortunately have a smart MMM to pitch up in, but I'm certainly interested in coming along (work permitting).

I mentioned it to a friend of mine in the Classic Jag fraternity and he says he wouldn't mind coming along - he's been before and had many chats with Mr McAlpine - He told me it truly was a good day out!

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Inside every older person is a younger person – wondering what the hell happened.
Go to Top of Page

Christopher Hobbs

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2016 :  22:41:51  Show Profile
Yes interested here - we went on the last one [with Kate's mother plus her wheelchair on the back 'luggage step' on our K1 a perfect fit by the way!] A great venue and collection with very helpful volunteers and an eclectic rail and road set of exhibits and working Engines.
Definitely one to go for - either day should be good for us!
Christopher and Kate plus 797

C.Hobbs
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2016 :  15:37:17  Show Profile
Dick

July 24th is a no-no. It's a Triple-M v A7 Challenge race at VSCC Cadwell. How could you face the Triple-M racing group again if you planned an alternative event on the same day?

August 14th I may be able to make. If so I will come as I enjoyed the previous one.

Regards, Peter
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2016 :  17:07:01  Show Profile
Good point Peter, thanks! Must remember to sub-contract my rauilway driving duties that day!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 18/05/2016 16:30:58
Go to Top of Page

correlejco

United Kingdom
251 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2016 :  21:23:26  Show Profile
Hello Dick

If I have the NA running nicely by then I would love to attend, as I'm also a bit of a steam enthusiast!

The car is promised for my son's wedding on 12th August so I have a good excuse for some serious fettling this summer (like finishing the engine rebuild).

John - 1934 NA0492 - AOE877
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2016 :  16:28:24  Show Profile
Update

I'm sorry to report that we have not been able to put together large enough group for the proposed visit to the Fawley Railway and Museum on 14th August and that date is now fully booked out to other visiting groups.

However because of a cancellation there is now space on 24th July. (Yes, I know it clashes with VSCC Cadwell where we have the Triple-M/Austin race!)

Nevertheless, can I restart the ball rolling? So ... is anyone interested in a visit (in Triple-M cars) on 24th July? Just let me know asap and I will try to get a slot for us and our cars. 10 cars should be enough to make up the numbers.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000