Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Exchange section
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Andy Rogers

United Kingdom
302 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2016 :  17:31:23  Show Profile
Just a thought -

On a couple of occasions recently I've had something I've wanted to find but had nil response on the wanted forum and it's possible that a lot of owners are hanging on to bits because they perhaps don't know their value, or want to keep them up their sleeves for a swap deal down the line.

In fact quite recently I was able to prize a part off a member because he wanted something I had and vice versa.

I'm sure we all want more of our cars back on the road which are languishing in the garage for want of that special part that someone else has on their shelf doing nothing.

So, I just wondered if there was room for an 'Exchange' section in the Forums ('Fora' ?).

What would others think of the idea ? Or am I barking up the wrong tree ?

Nick, would you have a problem with another forum ?

Andy Rogers

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2159 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2016 :  22:36:36  Show Profile
Sounds a brilliant idea. Should have been suggested years ago!

Rich

Vintage MG Parts
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3378 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2016 :  23:57:02  Show Profile
Andy
It is not really up to me, the Committee need to think about it and approve the idea.
I think it might be worth thinking about the the Wanted forum anyway.
Would it be better if it was split up into different types?
Do we look back over the "Parts Wanted" forum if we decide to sell some parts?
The wanted posts remain even if we have found what we needed. How many people delete their post (or ask me to) after they have the part(s) they were looking for?
Perhaps wanted posts should be deleted after a month (or so)?
Think about it and let me have your thoughts.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

greg

United Kingdom
833 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2016 :  00:42:11  Show Profile
I think it's a great idea! I've had lots of good mmm parts on my shelfs for years didn't want to sell them as its better than money in the bank. But I've needed the cash so I've had to sell! It's a good way to get things out of people at one point I'd of swaped a complete j2 gearbox for some rotax headlamps!
Some people are very funny they won't even sell you a nut and bolt so you have wait for them to die then it all goes to auction!
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
991 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2016 :  10:46:05  Show Profile
It sounds like a good idea to me. I don't have many spares myself, but what I do have I'd rather swap or even give away (small parts only!) rather than get a few quid which will disappear quickly. I'm sure others will feel the same way. I've recently had to shell out quickly for new front Hartfords, so may actually sell some stuff soon to cover the cost, but would have been happy to swap.

Colin

Markinch, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000