Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG & Triumph Spares day, Stoneleigh 21st Feb
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3239 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2016 :  10:21:25  Show Profile
We are fast approaching the next Stoneleigh spares day where the Triple-M Register will have a presence on the same site as last year - stand 13 in Hall 3.

We will have two cars on display, one a very historic car, and will also have a library stock to sell. As usual it would be nice if we could have some volunteers to assist in manning the stand.

Again as last year it would be nice if members used to stand as a meeting point, and we could also meet at say 12.30?

I look forward to meeting everyone

George Eagle
Hon Secretary
MG Car Club Ltd Triple-M Register

Edited by - George Eagle on 27/01/2016 10:24:04

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2016 :  09:15:35  Show Profile
Thanks George, I will be there, sporting my Union Jack flag.

Chris ( J2353 ) & ( J4129 )

Brighton, East Sussex & Paphos, Cyprus.
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2016 :  09:54:52  Show Profile
George, I hope to come along this year, but morning only. Happy to man the stand for a while, as long as I get a chance explore other stands!

Regards,
Graham
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2016 :  19:44:24  Show Profile
Many thanks to everybody who came along to the support the MG/Tri**ph spares day at Stoneleigh today. There was a great gathering of people at the Triple-M stand, which was also graced by two cars: Andy King's Cream Cracker fresh from its track day at Goodwood on Saturday and the splendid NB 4-seater supplied by Barry Walker.

The Register stand did very good business and we also made use of the opportunity to show many of our visitors the workings of the new register database. You'll be hearing more about that in the coming weeks!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2016 :  20:13:18  Show Profile
Dick, Enjoyed the day, met some very nice people and one not so nice..I am not allowed to say any more !! I did try to speak to you at the stand but always were surrounded..you are very popular!

My thanks to Charlie Ash for the offer of the free J front axle which he gave me today at the Show.

I will not say any more about the German character..

Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1502 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2016 :  22:05:50  Show Profile
Hi Chris, sorry to hear this.
I don't know which German character you refer to, but I do know there was one German MMM owner there who's wife I believe is ill in hospital, and so may of been somewhat out of character compared to normal. :(

Great MMM display / club stand today

Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5) and a big prewar MG fan, who would love to own one.
http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Edited by - colintf on 21/02/2016 22:07:58
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2016 :  05:58:36  Show Profile
Hello Colin, I am very sure that this was not the chap whose wife was in hospital and I hope she gets on well. I sympathise as I was in hospital also part of Saturday having a blood change ( hopefully my last ) , although I felt very ' drained ' I did try to enjoy the day. [:I

Go to Top of Page

greg

United Kingdom
833 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2016 :  09:10:16  Show Profile
I know all the Germans at the show there all good people you must of upset him some way or some how! I hope this isn't going to turn into another silly drama from what was a great show! It was good to see so many people from what was a very successful show.
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2016 :  10:32:07  Show Profile
Greg, Bear in mind that Chris has his own problems at present, which might make him see and hear things in slightly different manner to the usual. I would add that I know many German (and other overseas members including the dreaded clog wearers) and without exception, they are all splendid people. All a great asset to our common love of MMM cars.

Colin B. ( rabid UKIP supporter too. As they say, love Europe - hate the EU !)
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2016 :  12:09:29  Show Profile
Yes Colin. I think MG Maverick has a BIG problem. Sorry to hear about his health issues though.
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2016 :  12:23:59  Show Profile
There is no ' silly drama ' element. Its true I attended the show feeling quite unwell after a day in hospital on Saturday and a 150 mile journey to the show yesterday. Everyone I met, some for the first time were excellent and its good to meet up with Chris Blood, Jamie D. of S & V, Charlie Ash, Rich Hardy, Peter Green and others. The German chap was not unfriendly or rude, quite the reverse, just a little matter of description which was not as advertised.

Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2016 :  12:27:58  Show Profile
Thankyou Ray, I am hopeful that my treatment is now at an end.

Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2016 :  13:27:10  Show Profile
Come on guys, the forum is not the place to pass negative comments about each other. Please desist.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

greg

United Kingdom
833 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2016 :  21:07:43  Show Profile
Sorry I thought the post came across putting the Germans in a bad light! I hope you get well soon Chris and get on with your j2s as I think they are fantastic and you are making good progress! I look forward to see future progress.
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2016 :  21:29:58  Show Profile
Thanks Greg, No harm done, I have a resolution with the German chap, he is a decent sort and we have an amicable agreement. Hopefully we will meet up Greg, or if you are in Brighton anytime call by...I am known for my huge cups of tea.

Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3239 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2016 :  10:57:21  Show Profile
The show was a great success for the Register in that we had a lot of members, both from the UK and Overseas, visiting the stand coupled with a good level of sales from the Library stock on display - the takings were just over £900.

Thanks are due to our volunteer helpers all of whom were kept busy!

One visitor was Foz, it was great to see him in such good spirits. He had a mitten on his injured hand; needless to say it had a rat image sewn onto it! He demonstrated that he had regained a lot of movement in both arm and hand.

Thanks are also due to Andy and Angie King for lending us their Cream Cracker PB JB7521, and to Barry Walker for letting us display the lovely 4 seat NB he currently has for sale.

The only downside was that some idiot pinched the sample metal car badge we had on display.

We plan to attend again in 2017 on the same stand 13 in Hall 3.

I attach three photos taken just before the show opened, Chairman Dick Morbey looks relaxed and ready for the onslaught!

George
Hon Sec

Edited by - George Eagle on 01/03/2016 11:10:47
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000