Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 CJF regulator cover
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Greensa

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2016 :  17:20:19  Show Profile
My J2 is fitted with a later CRF fusebox/cutout. I have been lucky to find a CJF2 but the brass cover for the cutout is missing. Does anyone have one or know where I might get one? Thanks, Steve

SteveG
J2760

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2016 :  17:24:02  Show Profile
The two original ones I have are painted, the lucas brown, they may be brass, but both are definately painted.

Chris ( J2353 ) & ( J4129 )

Brighton, East Sussex & Paphos, Cyprus.
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2016 :  12:14:41  Show Profile
Steve the brass cover for the cjf cut out is one of the hardest parts to find. Bases regularly become available and the fuse cover has been reproduced albeit in rather nasty plastic.The reason why the metal cut out covers are so scarce is that many have ended up on the road. Originally there was a little wired seal that went through the two little holes in the top of this cover and held it to the wire clip. These seals have all been removed over the years and covers have fallen off when the car hits a bump.Hopefully some day someone will make a die and press some of these covers in one or both of their original heights.
In the meanwhile I guess it is a question of searching at autojumbles...good luck !
PS The moral of all this is...if you have an original wire it on.

TH
Go to Top of Page

DDMDSN

New Zealand
329 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2016 :  01:56:17  Show Profile
The repro I know of from Paul Beck Supplies looks pretty good.
Wonder too if originally the brass was painted brown. My P Type CJR2 brass lid is still in original paint and so is the one on the Pristine PA in another recent topic.
They scuff when removing the holding clip, trick is to put stretch wrap over the painted part before sliding off the clip.
See https://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/products/cjf2-brn-cover-cjf2-brown-fuse-box-lid
Regards
Donald McLeod
PB0759.
Go to Top of Page

Ian Bowers

United Kingdom
943 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2016 :  11:36:58  Show Profile
Is this the brass cover in question?

There is no sign of paint at any point.

Stamped into the cover is 12VER 11 30

Ian Bowers
OD 6791
J3 3772
Go to Top of Page

Greensa

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2016 :  14:16:07  Show Profile
Thanks for the advice above...just to complete the story,I have now managed to obtain a CJF cutout cover from a member of the forum who had a 'spare' cover (for a small fee)...so despite my doubts about ever finding one I have thanks to the forum...nil desperandum

SteveG
J2760
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000