Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 Gearbox parts wanted (and swaps)
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Andy Rogers

United Kingdom
302 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2016 :  12:05:24  Show Profile
Hi

I'm trying to complete a PA gearbox rebuild and find I am frustratingly missing some parts - in particular the 3/4 gear (see photo) and the complete layshaft gear cluster (see other photo).

I can advise on teeth numbers and dimensions if you have any problem in identifying the right parts.

NOTE: I have quite a few spare bits for both PA and J/PB gearboxes so would be happy to do a swap if that would help anyone else in the same position.

Thanks in anticipation.

Andy Rogers

lordrob

Belgium
226 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2016 :  13:42:11  Show Profile
Hi Andy,
Have send you a mail off-line.
Roby

lordrob
Go to Top of Page

cleydon

USA
213 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2016 :  14:19:25  Show Profile
Hi Andy, I certainly understand the frustration of lacking the parts to complete the job. I am in a similar position with missing a first motion shaft (input shaft) for a J box. Unfortunately, I don't have any P gears to trade, but do still have some non gearbox P parts on the shelf. If you happen to have a very good J input shaft that you would be willing to sell, I'd be very interested. Best, Chris
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2548 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2016 :  19:28:50  Show Profile
Chris, Sports & Vintage made some J2 first motion shafts a year or two ago. I don't know if they've got any left but I think they were about £400.

Good luck,

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Jamie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2016 :  22:47:13  Show Profile
They were....I grabbed one which now resides in my J2 gearbox. I felt the price was very fair, really a beautiful piece of work!

Jamie
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
994 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2016 :  09:43:20  Show Profile
I have a complete PA gearbox, but don't want to split it. Email me if you're interested.

Colin

Markinch, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000