Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 HM The Queen's 90th birthday celebrations
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2016 :  21:54:26  Show Profile
We have been contacted on behalf of the All-Party Parliamentary Motor Group and the All-Party Parliamentary Historic Vehicles Group who are organising a Run to Buckingham Palace to help celebrate Her Majesty's 90th birthday.

The event takes place on Sunday June 26 and 90 vehicles will be involved- one for each year of the Queen's life. The organisers are in need of a nice 1934 PA.

The arrangement would be for the owner to take the car to the Palace, via an assembly point (security check etc.) where vehicles will be lined up in date order and inspected - on behalf of The Queen - by HRH Prince Michael of Kent.

If you wish your car to be considered would you please contact Jonathan Kimber of the MG Owners' Club jonathank@mgownersclub.co.uk who appear to have been involved in the arrangements (one wonders why?!)

Once owners have been identified and selected, Jonathan Kimber will send official APPMG invites. Obviously he will need names and addresses and other details such as a recent picture of the car.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

LewPalmer

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2016 :  23:20:26  Show Profile
Would you like to ship me and my 34 PA over for the event?

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2016 :  09:23:31  Show Profile
Thanks Lew

The best I can offer is to add the picture of the PA to our database photo records, because the only other pic of the car shows it in a slightly less prepared state!

Regards
Dick

Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3238 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2016 :  09:48:24  Show Profile
Hi Lew

The PA looks very smart - what is the mascot on the radiator cap?

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2016 :  11:39:35  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by DickMorbey

If you wish your car to be considered would you please contact Jonathan Kimber of the MG Owners' Club jonathank@mgownersclub.co.uk who appear to have been involved in the arrangements (one wonders why?!)

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

I suspect the choice of MG Owners Club is down to nomenclature. I frequently get asked if I am a member of 'the owners club', and I am at pains to point out that I belong to the MG Car Club. I usually resist saying 'the original' but perhaps I shouldn't!

Regards,
Graham

ps my PA is the wrong year and a bit too scruffy for aforesaid presentation!
GVA

Edited by - MaGic_GV on 07/04/2016 11:41:37
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2016 :  13:29:44  Show Profile
We have a car! Tim Luffingham's four seater PA has been offered and accepted. Thanks Tim.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Tim Luffingham

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2016 :  15:05:04  Show Profile
As a relative newcomer to the world of Triple M ownership, I feel extremely privileged - and excited to have received this invitation. I know there are very many equally worthy PA's - and owners who would love to had the same opportunity.
In attending I hope you will allow me to represent the marque and all of you on the day.

Kind regards

Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2016 :  15:07:47  Show Profile
Dick,
I believe if you scroll forward from the "as found" picture, you'll find more current photos.
George, the mascot is named "Smudge". It's a hare with driving cap, goggles, holding a steering wheel, and puffing on a stub of a cigar. I have the matching tortoise as well. These are sculptures by Ben Cordsen of Colorado.

Well. sorry to have now diluted this thread.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2016 :  11:21:21  Show Profile
We have a car! Tim Luffingham's four seater PA has been offered and accepted. Thanks Tim.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2016 :  12:20:57  Show Profile
Be prepared , Tim, Prince Philip may want a ride !.
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1564 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2016 :  13:14:40  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Ray Masters

Be prepared , Tim, Prince Philip may want a ride !.

Ray, thought he was a 'TC' man?
Go to Top of Page

Rainier

Netherlands
160 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2016 :  18:38:01  Show Profile
Congratulations Tim! A beautiful example of British engineering it is. If my PA was running I would have applied in a heartbeat.
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2016 :  22:44:22  Show Profile
To whomever asked, this is the radiator ornament on my PA (Smudge).

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2016 :  09:23:36  Show Profile
Yes, Bruce, I believe he did have a TC when in the navy but he may wish to 'upgrade' to a PA !.
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2016 :  18:42:33  Show Profile
Yes. He had a TC whilst based just down the road at Rudloe Manor. An old boy in the village had an elder brother who was a Bobby.....an excellent story about him being stopped one night for a Noisy exhaust.

jh
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000