Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 PA steering column and box.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rodney Green

South Africa
363 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2016 :  15:15:43  Show Profile
Hi.

I regrettably , realize that my PA steering column is too short , the box is larger than original , oiling of the box is 'odd' , all told , it can be remade , but I would prefer to find an original , but needing renovation , PA steering column and Bishop cam box.

If you can help , please contact me.

Thanks ,
Rod.

Rod Green

Jon Pedoe

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2016 :  20:00:19  Show Profile
Hi Rod, I am still working on my steering box and column, and it crossed my mind, that if you cannot get a P type steering column, it should be possible to make one. The tube is 32mm O/D x 1.5 and the shaft is 0.625" dia, which can easily be sourced locally. The tricky (but small) parts could be sourced easier from UK surely, (worm, bushes etc) and the other tricky stuff is of course assembling them correctly, but as you can see, there is a wealth of information and advice from friends on the forum which has helped me a lot with my steering box repair already. Jon PB0373
Go to Top of Page

Rodney Green

South Africa
363 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2016 :  05:24:06  Show Profile
Hi Jon,

Thanks very much for the info. Much appreciated. I have decided to go with an Adamant box , which I have found locally. It will need , anyway to be refurbished and made to the correct length. I too, have learnt a lot about these boxes on the forum.
Cheers and thanks, again.

Rod Green
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000