Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 New J2 brake drums
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6144 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2016 :  08:36:51  Show Profile
I finally fitted the new brake drums I bought from Olli Richardson over a year ago and I thought that it might be worth sharing my initial thoughts for the benefit of those who might be contemplating getting a set from the current batch he is putting together (see the Traders' Forum). I took the easy route and simply swapped the drums - no new linings or any fettling of the existing ones - and even with some final adjusting still to do the results are better than I had hoped for. My original drums weren't in bad shape, and had served me well, but when braking moderately hard I had to keep pressing harder and harder on the pedal to maintain the same level of stopping power. With the new cast iron drums i don't have to do this - the stopping power seems to be more directly proportional to the pedal pressure and gives much more confidence that you are actually going to be able to stop. On a twisty road I can now brake with confidence from my usual hooligan speeds! The brakes also don't seem to grab to one side or the other the way they did before and as I said they're the same linings.

Painted black they look identical to the originals and have made a significant improvement in the driveability of the car. Highly recommended.

Simon J
J3437

David R

United Kingdom
289 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2016 :  22:15:15  Show Profile
Olli

I have sent you an email via the Forum.

David

J 3355
Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas