Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 2 seater hoods; the triangular infill piece
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Oz34

United Kingdom
2543 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2016 :  19:39:10  Show Profile
I have a question or two about this please.

Firstly, is this triangular piece "floppy" or is there some form of stiffening in it to make it semi-rigid?

Secondly, looking at photos it appears that there are 2 different forms of fastener used to attach it to the hood proper. I think the top one is Lift the Dot but could someone please confirm, and say what the others are?

Finally, is a long Lift the Dot stud used for the lower front hood attachment with the infill section threaded on behind the hood?

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Dave

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2016 :  21:38:00  Show Profile
Dave,

This has been aired at various points before. Try http://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=9224&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=triangular

or search infil or triangular and remember to click the 'archived posts' option

Regards
Dick
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6144 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2016 :  22:21:46  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Oz34

I have a question or two about this please.

Firstly, is this triangular piece "floppy" or is there some form of stiffening in it to make it semi-rigid?

As far as I could determine when researching J2 hoods, there is no stiffening and nor does it need it - see next answer!

quote:
Secondly, looking at photos it appears that there are 2 different forms of fastener used to attach it to the hood proper. I think the top one is Lift the Dot but could someone please confirm, and say what the others are?

The top fastener is indeed a Lift the Dot but with the stud on the infill panel and the socket on the hood. The other two fasteners between it and the rear Lift the Dot socket are DOT Durable press fasteners. With the panel held securely and in tension by the three Lift the Dot fasteners (there's one at the bottom that fastens onto the stud near the upper rear hinge) there is no need for any stiffening.

quote:
Finally, is a long Lift the Dot stud used for the lower front hood attachment with the infill section threaded on behind the hood?

Yes!
P.S. All the studs around the body tub are long ones to allow the tonneau cover to be fitted over the top of the hood which is left attached to the body when folded.

There is also a locating strip along the inside leading edge of the panel to provide a 'slot' for the rear edge of the side screen.

Simon J
J3437

Edited by - Simon Johnston on 14/05/2016 22:26:48
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2543 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2016 :  22:28:36  Show Profile
Many thanks Dick. I'd tried searching, but so often if you don't put the word it wants, nothing happens! That answers it all. Thank you also Simon.

Cheers,

Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000