Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Reg Number CPF 941
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2016 :  10:54:34  Show Profile
Can any of you car registration number experts out there tell me where the number CPF 941 originated ? In 1939 it was fitted to a J type owned by Eric Boon who was a noted professional boxer at that time and became British Lightweight Champion in 1938.
The car is something of a mystery as it was fitted with a front mounted blower, and 12" brakes. Probably typical of the "goodies" which a relatively wealthy young 20 year old would go for.

Colin B.

dade

United Kingdom
513 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2016 :  11:22:19  Show Profile
Hi Colin

According to my 1936/37 RAC Handbook (No I did not get it new).

Your Reg No is Surrey County Council (PF) and then prefix letters were added when required.

Regards

Russ
PB 0333
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2016 :  10:43:17  Show Profile
Many thanks for the info Russ Much appreciated

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Clare

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2016 :  00:35:59  Show Profile
Russ is quite right of course but my reason for submitting this comment is to remind folk or advise those who have never known about it, that a very useful little book exists called "How to Trace the History of Your Car" by Philip Riden, published by Merton Priory Press (ISBN 1-898937-25-7). It was first published in 1991 and was updated in 1998 which is the edition I used when Registrar. It was a great help in answering questions of Colin's sort and has the added advantage of cataloguing the whereabouts of surviving old county records.

Hope that helps.
Bob Clare
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000