Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 P type engine parts on eBay
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

John James

United Kingdom
963 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2016 :  13:18:29  Show Profile
I think the problem is that some carriers charge extra for Northern Ireland (and the Scottish Highlands & Islands - and the Isle of Man & Scilly Iles). Royal Mail do not, albeit their weight and parcel compensation limits are not really adequate. Parcelforce lists the UK as Zones 1 - 3 with Zone 1 being England and Wales and parts of Scotland, Zone 2 being the Highlands & Islands of Scotland and Zone 3 Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Scilly Iles). There is a uniform tariff for Zones 1 -3).
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
991 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2016 :  13:23:20  Show Profile
I now have 13 items posted on eBay, including a rear housing, rocker cover, filter housing, exhaust manifold, pistons, conrods, and centre bearing cheese. Still to come: pair of OM carbs, camshaft, sump, and various odds & ends. Most items end early next week. If you click on one of the links in my earlier post, and then click on "seller - acmeproperties" on the rhs, you get to the full list.

Colin

Markinch, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2016 :  12:43:21  Show Profile
The way I get around this is to simply quote some amount for shipping (take a guess), then in the description explain the actual shipping amount will be calculated once the auction closes and to ignore the eBay calculator "as it is not always accurate"!
Nick
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
991 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2016 :  14:32:22  Show Profile
Update: I clearly have failed to understand the implications of Global Shipping in eBay, and as a result one or two items are blocked at the moment from certain countries. If you wish to bid, please send me an eBay message, and I'm told I'll be able to unblock it for you, and arrange carriage afterwards

Colin

Markinch, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page