Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG Auction Watch
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Andy Rogers

United Kingdom
302 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2016 :  23:04:40  Show Profile
Can I just check if anyone else is having a problem with MG Auction Watch for MMM parts.

There are normally dozens of items listed but there were only a very few yesterday and none just now.

Thanks

Andy Rogers

LewPalmer

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2016 :  00:02:09  Show Profile
It must be that Steve is playing with the selection criteria. This has happened before. Probably because there are so many items that have NOTHING to do with Triple-M parts, but happen to have a couple of letters in the title that correspond with a pre-war MG model.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
963 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2016 :  06:28:56  Show Profile
Steve is on holiday in Thailand at present. I'll e-mail and bring this to his attention.

JOHN JAMES
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1936 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2016 :  11:33:14  Show Profile
I am not sure it is entirely down to AUCTION WATCH.

I have been having increasing difficulty, using the search function within Ebay, finding things which I know to be there. What chance of finding things that one does not know are there then?
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
991 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2016 :  17:33:34  Show Profile
I was unaware of this site until I saw your post. I have several Triple-M parts on eBay ending tonight, and more to come, and none is listed on the MG Auction Watch site.

Colin

Markinch, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591

Edited by - Colin McLachlan on 03/11/2016 17:34:24
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
963 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2016 :  17:23:32  Show Profile

Please see the following message from Steve James, who is on holiday in Thailand:

"Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Looking at the site logs, it appears as if the scripts that generate the MMM auctions started failing all of a sudden in late October. Since nothing has changed with the site in some time this is likely due to a change that the web host has implemented. I contacted their support but they were not particularly helpful. I have limited connectivity here in Thailand but I will do my best to alter the scripts to get the MMM auctions generating again."

Go to Top of Page

Andy Rogers

United Kingdom
302 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2016 :  17:28:29  Show Profile
Thanks for your efforts John.

It seems to be working a bit better this evening - 53 items, although 52 of those seem to be nothing to do with MGs !

Cheers

PS Enjoy your holiday

Andy Rogers
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000