Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 J2 clutch pedal
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Orstin

United Kingdom
640 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2016 :  11:18:13  Show Profile
Is this a long shot? I am in desperate need of a J2 clutch pedal and am a bit stuck in finishing the assembly of the car without one. Does anyone have one they'd be prepared to part with or know of a likely source?

thanks...

So many dynamos

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2016 :  13:22:32  Show Profile
You could try Andy King.

J2 J3666
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2581 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2016 :  14:12:26  Show Profile
Or, assuming it's the same as the P one, the MG Automobile Company as Barry Walker had new brake & clutch pedals.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Orstin

United Kingdom
640 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2016 :  15:37:24  Show Profile
I *think* P type ones are longer than a J type. AT a push, I suspect I could get one to work. I'm already talking to the BW successor people and am waiting for them to get back to me. Andy is next on the list..

Thanks for the suggestions..

So many dynamos
Go to Top of Page

Orstin

United Kingdom
640 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2016 :  13:45:46  Show Profile
Some confusion over sizing. Can anyone confirm if the P type version is indeed slightly bigger than a J2 one. I think there might be an inch difference, or thereabouts, but I'd like to be sure.

thanks...

So many dynamos
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
773 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2016 :  19:09:23  Show Profile
Hi Hugh,
at a quick count there are at least 5 different clutch pedals on manual boxes.... however they all have the same diameter for the operating shaft and all could be used BUT you may find your left foot not quite matching the level of your right foot.... but is still less of s problem than brake/accelerator not being in the right place.
They are also steel so can be altered in some respects by a welding gas torch. DONT DO WHAT A D-type owner did to me........ asked me to sort the car which I did but on the brake rollers at the MOT station when setting up and balancing the brakes there was a loud "BANG" ... the pedal snapped into two parts... it had been shortened and welded (Badly) back together....trip home using the handbrake to sort it out ......
yrs FOZ
Go to Top of Page

Orstin

United Kingdom
640 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2016 :  20:02:46  Show Profile
Thanks Foz. I've bitten the bullet and arranged to buy one this afternoon based on some measurements. I've compared those provided with the brake pedal and I *reckon* that it will be a reasonable match. A best guess at imagining where the pedal will sit has been made - given the fact the gearbox is yet to be fitted. The chap has kindly said he will take it back and re-imburse me if it doesn't work out, which I am more than happy about. I should know how everything works out Friday morning...

I'm hoping I won't have the sort of experience you had with a dodgy brake pedal!!

cheers...

So many dynamos
Go to Top of Page

Eric Taylor

France
157 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2016 :  20:56:08  Show Profile
Here are some photos, hope they are of some use.

The grey ones are "P" type and the bondaprimed one is, I think a "J" type( anyway it's the one I'm going to use on my "J").

[/size=1

[size=1]

Regards Eric Taylor.
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
773 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2016 :  22:20:51  Show Profile
Hi Eric,
agree with your identification. "red" one is J... L is same but has shorted return spring lever to clear the gearbox cross tube... same as the P/N ones in grey.
FOZ
Go to Top of Page

Orstin

United Kingdom
640 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2016 :  08:52:53  Show Profile
The one I have purchased is described as being 35mm from the centre of the pivot point to the tip of the 'tail' where the return spring sits. At a rough guess, it probably makes it more like the P type illustrated, rather than the J type. As it was taken from an NA g'box, I suspected it would be akin to a P type anyway. I'm sure I can make it work.

As Foz says there are 5 types of manual pedal, can we finish this thread by posting photos of the other types, just for completeness of the historical record. Anyone able to help?

Thanks everyone for your contributions..

So many dynamos
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000