Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Falling over!
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2016 :  15:45:27  Show Profile
Kenneth Court Delingpole inverting blown PB0361 CRE 569 on the MGCC Abingdon Trial on the 17th May 1938. The incident took place on Breakheart Hill
near Dursley.
He was unhurt, and his passenger was only slightly injured and the car only slightly damaged!
Perhaps this incident started his thoughts on producing a more stable car, which came after the war with Ron Lowe together building the Dellow!

Mike Dalby

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2016 :  11:01:04  Show Profile
Mike, Breakheart Hill is still used for trials although it now has the obscure name Crooked Mustard and it still causes some cars to fall over, as it always has done. The combination of a fierce gradient and very acute corners make reversing back down the hill a hazardous task for those cars which fail the climb. Our own Bill Bennett with his blown J2 and Dudley Sterry in the blown J2 Special are frequent successful drivers on this hill, but don't put any money on either of them cleaning it every time. There is no doubt that Crooked Mustard is one of the most fearsome trials hill in current use. A computer search on "Crooked Mustard" will reveal a number of interesting videos of the action. I have seen plenty of Dellows failing the section, but I don't recall any of them actually going over.

Colin B.

Edited by - Colin Butchers on 09/12/2016 11:10:22
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2016 :  17:10:40  Show Profile
Interesting photo - I tried to discern the Registration number.
If it is CRE569 then the car is PB0361 and is listed as 4 seater and by 1992 a s/c special. However, the car does not like a 4 seater?

There is no record CNE569, CNF569 or CRF569 in the Register.

George
L2023

Edited by - George Eagle on 09/12/2016 17:13:28
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000