Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 For Ron
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Brian Kelly

USA
526 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2016 :  00:38:17  Show Profile

Lest we forget.

This one is for Ron, and the many who crossed paths with him in one way or another.
We all know how talented he was but it was his drive and passion that impressed me the most.
To share his knowledge, skills and time at the drop of a hat was his trade mark.
His excitement for MMM was relentless, contagious and amusing. Often he would appear
at meetings with various wooden moulds for his next casting project, of which there were many.
He worked manually and also on the history of his cars right up until the end. During September
this year we both went to Oldham Public Records Office to do some research on his J3. He was thrilled
to find links to the original owner and a couple of weeks later he was handed three photos of the car during the fifties.
During the same time period we went and picked up his new J3 body tub. It had just been skinned. It had to go on the roof-rack of his car. He had only been out of one of his hospital
treatments for a couple of days and there he is lifting up the tub. Back at his workshop unloading it
which was the hardest part. Two of us, he at the heavy end because I couldn’t take the weight.
No problem, he said. Me? I was just glad to get back to the states!

Here’s a gift to us all from Ron The Man.

Ron, you were a Classic. Go Well, mate.

Here's a few photos.

1. Meeting a previous owner of one of his C-Types. Beaulieu.

2. With Alan Whitham. Big Smiles. Three Cheshire Cats.

3.Happier days. Robin Gordon. Ray Masters. Alan Whitham and Ron.

Brian.

Edited by - Brian Kelly on 30/12/2016 00:44:08

mgtommm

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2017 :  17:05:28  Show Profile
Thanks for posting the nice photographic tribute to Ron, Brian. It's exactly how we all remember him.

tommm
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2017 :  18:14:00  Show Profile
Well said Tom. Thank you Brian for a lovely tribute to a lovely guy. One of the very best.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2017 :  20:00:24  Show Profile
The last picture also includes the late Robin Gordon who owned C0290 for so many years - he is on the left.

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000