Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 chrome instrument rings.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2017 :  19:02:06  Show Profile
can anyone give me a source for the chrome besels used on the cluster oil pressure and amp gauge (small gauges) used on the J2 and PA and the 5 inch tech gauge? I have good working instruments with poor chrome rings, and I am sure I can change them myself if I can source new ones

thanks

Mike L

LewPalmer

USA
3258 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2017 :  04:14:05  Show Profile
http://www.classicbezels.com/

Excellent quality and reasonable prices.

Cheers,
Lew

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2017 :  04:19:08  Show Profile
MJC Products, Recommended.

CJD
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2017 :  20:57:53  Show Profile
can someone tell me the exact size of the J2 amp and oil pressure gauges? I wrote to classic bezels and they replied that they do not have the Tach (5 inches) but have 52 mm. That is too big I believe for the two gauges in the cluster. Any other sources?

Mike L
Go to Top of Page

ja.mcnab

United Kingdom
204 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2017 :  12:39:18  Show Profile
According to my micrometer, which does not do metric, the bezel is 1.746" outside diameter and 1.430 inside,the body of the instrument is 1.620"
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2017 :  20:57:51  Show Profile
I thank all that replied. I ordered the 5" from Classic Bezel (MJC) . They do not carry the smaller gauge size.

I ordered the small size from Auto Electrical Spares in Kineton, Warwickshire. They had the right size, will see if it right for my existing gauges. Getting excited about getting the J2 next month.

Mike L
Go to Top of Page

greg

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2017 :  21:10:00  Show Profile
Hi mike you'll be very lucky to swap the rims over on a j2 speedo especially on the early governor speedo. The maizac casting swells up over the last 80 years and splits the original rim! So your new rim will be too small! So what I do is turn the casting down to the correct size in the lathe then it will fit on ok!
If you have the later chronometric speedo that has a Bakerlite back that too does the same thing swells up! But nowhere near as bad you may have to take a bit off but you can do this with a angle grinder if you have no lathe. Hope this helps Greg.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000