Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 PA Battery access
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BobRichards RIP

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2007 :  16:21:48  Show Profile
When I acquired my part dismantled PA 2 seater, there was no battery fitted but an original style dry-charged replacement, still bearing a Barry Walker label, was supplied with the car. There is also a receipt for its purchase in 1976 for £24!

On trying the battery for size, I find that it will not enter the battery cradle via the removable panel behind the seats because it fouls on the shock absorbers. It fits OK if entered via the space where the (removed) petrol tank should go.

Is this situation normal or is something in the wrong position? (I suspect maybe the battery cradle is in the wrong place, surely it would not be normally necessary to remove the shock absorbers.)

DSW

Germany
95 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2007 :  20:23:42  Show Profile
Bob,
Have you got rear Luvax or Andre Hartford shock absorbers?
My battery fits in over Luvax. It is a fiddly job though, and is no good to your back, or your fingers.
The front lug locating the battery is about 1 inch from the shock absorber cross bar which for Luvax is straight across the chassis. The top of the Luvax shock absorber is about 3.25 inches over the top of the chassis frame.
David
Go to Top of Page

BobRichards RIP

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  15:16:41  Show Profile
Thanks for the information David. My rear shock absorbers are hydraulic so I assume they are Luvax. The height above the chassis matches yours but the cross bar on which they are mounted is actually on the front of the battery cradle. This is presumably non-standard and the reason for my difficulty.

Looks like I will have to remove the shock absorbers to remove or fit the battery.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000