Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Steering wheel adjust.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2007 :  20:57:26  Show Profile
Two things are occuring with my steering. I have a Marles Weller box.
The turning circle is wider going right than turning left. The steering wheel turns farther to the left than to the right as well. The "MG" on the steering wheel (original wheel) is upside down when going straight.

Can any of this be adjusted without removing the steering box?
Please forgive the mechanically challenged like my self.

Mike L

mgptype

United Kingdom
709 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2007 :  21:17:05  Show Profile
Mike

It sounds like your drop arm is in the wrong position on the sector shaft, remove the drop arm by removing the split pin and undoing the large nut then by using a wedge and a mallet or hammer to remove the drop arm from the spline. rotate the steering wheel to the right half a turn so that the mg on the wheel is in the upright position then replace the drop arm and this should solve your problem without removing the sreering box.

Fred...
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2007 :  22:12:43  Show Profile
Thanks Fred, my inclination would have been to turn the steering wheel half turn to the left as that is where the excessive turns are. That is why I am mechanically challenged. I will give it a go next Saturday and advise how I made out.

Mike L
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000