Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Boundary House
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2017 :  02:00:47  Show Profile
My son is on vacation in London this week . Today he decided to drive up to Abingdon to visit the usual MG sites. He had lunch at the Boundary House and sent me a picture of himself next to the bronze plaque we placed there in 1990. The plaque is really quite large and notes that this was once the home of Cecil Kimber.

However the bushes have been allowed to grow quite tall and half the plaque is now hidden. It would be nice if anyone local to the area would stop and see if anything could be done to have the overgrown bushes trimmed This may sound trivial, but our club went through a great deal of trouble and expense to have the plaque made and transported over the pond to Abingdon. It would be nice if patrons at the Boundary House might still be informed of the history associated with the property.

Mike L

John James

United Kingdom
965 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2017 :  17:19:14  Show Profile
Mike,

I was there back in June with Steve Poteet and his son James from South Carolina. It wasn't too bad then, but the bushes have obviously flourished during the growing season. I'll have a word with Pete Neal (MGCC Archivist) and ask him if he can arrange for the bushes to be cut back.

JOHN JAMES THE MG 'T' SOCIETY LIMITED.

P.S. I arranged for the Pavlova sign to be restored a few years back.
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2017 :  17:36:20  Show Profile
John, I appreciate your help. I called the Boundary House and spoke to a lovely person on the phone. But she had no idea that the plaque even existed, even though she worked there. Soon people in Abingdon will not know what an MG was, no less than who was Cecil Kimber.

Mike L
Go to Top of Page

Jamie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2017 :  21:15:07  Show Profile
Those bushes must be really high if a person that works there has never seen it! Does make one wonder...

Jamie
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2017 :  22:26:49  Show Profile
here is a photo, The good looking guy is my oldest, but at 6'4" hard
for him to drive a MMM car.

The plaque says " The Boundary House, The Home of Cecil Kimber The Founder and Director of the MG Car Company . On these Premises many of the Great Figures of Motor Sport were entertained"

Mike L
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000