Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 List of Engine Parts
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PeterL

United Kingdom
1723 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2017 :  08:27:36  Show Profile
Dear All

I am building up a spare F and a spare J engine

I have downloaded the parts lists (J&F) to extract the list of engine parts so that I can tick off what I have and identify what I need but I cannot use this list on my computer as it is a pdf and I cannot write to it.

Has anyone transcribed this list to their computer and would they be prepared to share it?

Many thanks

P

BobH

United Kingdom
250 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2017 :  08:44:27  Show Profile
It is possible to edid PDFs Peter if you have the right software rather than just the standard reader. Some guidance is given in this link including a free method of conversion to a word file:
http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/feature/software/edit-pdf-free-3653069/
Go to Top of Page

KevinA

New Zealand
672 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2017 :  09:22:51  Show Profile
Taking a global holistic type view, this would be a great project if there was a way to extend it further. If Fred could determine that part number ABC1 was a 3/8 bsf nut with a chrome finish, and John could say XYZ7 was a bracket and here's a link to a drawing and there was a way to complile all the similar responses it would be a fantastic resource. Noboby could do it single handed but imagine the benefits. Add in the cross-references between the models and the sky's the limit

Yeah, I know it won't ever happen but I can dream
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6144 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2017 :  09:52:23  Show Profile
Peter,

The factory documents are scans that I put through a number of software processes before giving them to Nick to be added to the Downloads section. As such I think they will be impervious to the usual online 'convert to Word' processes. You might find that OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software will work.

Alternatively you can highlight them with Acrobat Reader if all you want to do is check off parts as you acquire them.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

bloodysalmon

Spain
1482 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2017 :  18:31:34  Show Profile
Good evening Peter. Just noticed your post re building another F and J engine. I know how enjoyable this can be as you start to pull all bits and bobs together and the occasional gem is found to fit.
Once you have got your list, please do post a 'want' list out to us as I do have a whole box of spares for and from my F build.
I'm sure you'll realize that some parts are best replaced and not used ... because they are used and probably seen better days.
All the best ... how's the Salonette going?

Chris Blood D0407 & F0753

Edited by - bloodysalmon on 31/10/2017 18:32:22
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1723 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2017 :  20:12:21  Show Profile
Right! Thanks All, and particularly Simon for the basic information.

I might think about typing it out, we will see but I will talk to my local IT people to see if they can manage something.

Chris thank you for the offer of your spares, the immediate needs are to find an F rear housing and a dynamo, then I have to go through my boxes of bits to see what gears etc I have. This will be a long project because of all the other things going on! The Salonette, yes, looks like a car at last, and drives: will probably hit the road some time next year, about the same time the house comes together, complete with a spare bedroom...

Cheers

P
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000