Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Kernow Wheals Tour
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Charlie Cartwright

United Kingdom
64 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2017 :  13:37:52  Show Profile
Joining instructions and a copy of the route book are on the Facebook page" Kernow Wheals MMM Tour " and on the website at
http://kernow-wheals.com/
All we need to do now is work on the weather!!

Charlie Cartwright

Edited by - Charlie Cartwright on 15/09/2017 13:40:43

Malcolm Bailey

United Kingdom
301 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2017 :  17:19:05  Show Profile
Hi Charlie
I have sent you another, email to advise I am now coming on the tour as co driver with Ewan Harris. Not sure whether you received my email in August.
The route map looks amazing regardless of what the weather may do!
Malcolm
Go to Top of Page

dbass

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2017 :  20:42:19  Show Profile
Hello Charlie
Apart from your car do you know if there any other F1 4 seaters booked on your tour,as an earlier request I made for the availability of an original or well restored F1 to photograph met with only one reply which sadly as yet has not led to any progress.So if there are cars on your tour I could make the trip down and get the photographic info I need.
Thank you
David F0708
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2017 :  13:40:11  Show Profile
Just returned from the Kernow Wheals event - a round trip of 965 miles. Thanks little car – you didn't miss a beat!

And special thanks to Charlie Cartwright and Ian Goddard and their teams for organising a fabulous event for us all. 60 Triple-M cars careering around the highways and byways of Cornwall was a sight to behold!

And we all enjoyed great company, meeting old chums, making new friendships and being right royally entertained wherever we went.

Next up: the Border Reivers 2 tour in Scotland next May.

Dick Morbey
PA-PB0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6144 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2017 :  18:04:50  Show Profile
I’d have to say I’m impressed, Dick. Nearly a thousand miles of PType motoring is not for the faint hearted and Mrs Chairman in particular deserves credit, not least for being able to pack a week’s clothes in one suitcase (plus whatever would fit behind the seat). Of course perhaps you were restricted to just a change or two of underwear and socks

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2017 :  18:24:12  Show Profile
I have to say I am also impressed - I wonder how many cars were driven all the way and how many were trailered?

I believe Brian Wiggins drove his NA 4 seater all the way from Milton Keynes, at least he and his passenger had plenty of room for luggage as compared to the PA.

Good to read that the event was a success - well done and thanks Charlie and Ian.

George
L2023

Edited by - George Eagle on 08/10/2017 18:24:59
Go to Top of Page

leafrancis14

United Kingdom
323 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2017 :  19:14:36  Show Profile
Dick is being modest, it is even more impressive....the conditions on the A30, when we passed Dick in our LeaF, were horrific, with standing water and spray. We gave up and diverted to the A39 via Barnstable and then down to Tiverton, which was longer but a lot more pleasant.

The tour was superb, with a great mixture of challenging roads and a lovely social side. We braved the tiny roads in the LeaF on the first and second days and religiously followed the route, but on day three we plotted our own route on 'A' roads as the LeaF, which is hardly a big car, really didn't fit!

Best bits for me were the Blue Hill and the chain ferry.

Barny Creaser

(Wellingborough)
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2017 :  19:32:52  Show Profile
Thanks for your generous comments, chaps, but the palm d'or should go to Bill Cullen who piloted his car all the way down from Essex and as far as I know, back again. The longest distance driven to the event was achieved by Rod Ptak in his lovely L Salonette, albeit he acknowledged that he did arrive by a circuitous route!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Christian H

Germany
58 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2017 :  19:36:14  Show Profile
Would love to see a few pictures of what all those who were not there missed - that would be great.

Christian Hoeptner
Go to Top of Page

briang

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2017 :  20:11:19  Show Profile
Excellent event. Wonderful weather, just as you would expect in Cornwall in October(!)
Even though Ruth is native Cornish and I've lived here for 40 years, we were impressed how many challenging and exciting hills you found for us to scream up and rattle down.
Well done Charlie and Ian and your very supportive wives!
Brian & Ruth Galbraith
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2543 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2017 :  23:30:36  Show Profile
What more can be said? Brilliant Charlie and Ian, very many thanks from Claire and myself. From an erstwhile Merchant Navy family my highlight was probably the lighthouse but thoroughly enjoyed all.

I second Barney's comment on Gill's hardiness, having passed "WV" storming through the rain on the A30, thankful for our wimp status; the strip light on the luggage carrier is certainly the first thing seen in those conditions Dick.

Peebles here we come.

Dave

Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
991 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2017 :  11:46:23  Show Profile
Just brilliant, and well worth the trip from Scotland (by trailer, I'm afraid). Congratulations and sincere thanks to all the organising team.

Colin

Markinch, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

philcoombs

United Kingdom
77 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2017 :  12:04:50  Show Profile
Many thanks to Charlie and Ian (and their wives) for a wonderfully organised event over absolutely super roads.
Philip & Wendy
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3378 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2017 :  12:27:54  Show Profile
I have deleted a post at the request of the member who made the post. I hope to reinstate most of the pictures with his permission.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3378 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2017 :  12:47:15  Show Profile
And here they are:

Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2017 :  16:07:49  Show Profile
What a super event, and the weather most of the time was fabulous, except for the journey home!! Fairly damp on the way up to Bude by the A39, but ok after that, all with no hood!
My highlight was Blue Hills, when the car did not behave. secondly the run on Friday when it did behave, but with the bonnet open!
Many thanks again, Charlie and Ian!

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000