Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Clutch Actuation Pins
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

talbot

United Kingdom
718 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2007 :  11:25:49  Show Profile
I have now decided to recondition my M Type clutch rather than convert to a modern unit. The three fingers have 1/4" BSF, hardened studs with lock nuts. Unfortunately the pins that these press on are missing. The aluminium rotor, which takes the pressure springs has three small holes which line up with the above pins. I can see marks around the holes which are of larger diameter than the pins. I am unclesr whether small buttons fit into the aluminium rotor, with separate parallel pins pressing on them or should there be a single pin with a buldge at the bottom? Can some one also advise on the length of the pins.

I know someone will say "buy new ones" but turning up ones from silver steel and then hardeneing them is a job I relish.

Jan T

g waiting

United Kingdom
730 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2007 :  20:07:37  Show Profile
Jan
The pins are 625 thou long by 250 dia. The pressure pads on the aluminium are about 50 thou thick.
Garry.
Go to Top of Page

John Reid

United Kingdom
705 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2007 :  17:59:54  Show Profile
Jan,

I know you are keen to make pins from silver steel, but if you change your mind I have some 0.75" long x 0.25" diam hardened and ground dowel pins which you could grind to length. No charge.

John Reid
Go to Top of Page

talbot

United Kingdom
718 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2007 :  21:11:11  Show Profile
John,

Thanks very much the pins will be great. I have tested the clutch casting and it isn't hard so I can ream the holes. I also have a jig I made to grind the tips of vale stems so I can shorten the pins easilly. I will snd you a private email with my address.

Cheers

Jan T
Go to Top of Page

John Reid

United Kingdom
705 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2007 :  23:49:59  Show Profile
Jan,

I have just changed my email address and updated (at 11.45pm) my profile. Please can you send your address to this new email in my profile. Apologies for the extra work.

John R
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000