Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Looking for info on NA0384
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cris DaBica

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2018 :  21:42:55  Show Profile
My family purchased NA0384 last fall and have been trying to piece its history in the US together from a bunch of loose threads.

Prior to the last real owner, it had supposedly been in the hands of Fred Royston/Royston Motors (BMC distributors in the Philadelphia area) and either prior to or after that it was handled by Ray Munt and Robert Quigg (the spellings on these names may be incorrect.)

We've been led to believe the car had been in the Philadelphia area most of its life; obviously the time it spent at Royston would have been coincidental, as they certainly weren't around when the car itself would have been imported (we believe the car may have come into the States rather early.

A couple of friends of ours recall the car from the '70s/'80s when it was painted black (it's now in two-tone red, as shown in the photos of the car the register has on this site.)

Does anyone have any other information to share?

Thanks!

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3244 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2018 :  22:25:03  Show Profile
The Register does not have much information on this car. The photos we have were submitted when it was offered for sale at Hyman Classic Cars. There is no information on recent owners - perhaps Lew Palmer, Registrar, NAMMMR can shed some light?

The factory file shows it was a 2 seat tourer, colour black/green and was registered to T Eggleton, Harrogate, Yorkshire on 12th September 1934. There is no record of the Registration number.

The MG Car Club, Abingdon, keep the factory files and can supply copies for a small fee.

George
Registrar, F/L/N types

Edited by - George Eagle on 31/01/2018 22:33:02
Go to Top of Page

Brian Kelly

USA
526 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2018 :  23:51:26  Show Profile
Hello Cris.

As you are aware that it was owned by Ray Mundt in Rosemont. PA.
He's listed in the New England T -Register, 1992 Directory.

The NA was owned by J.N. Willett in the states.
Engine number, 636AN. Triple M number 939

Brian.

Edited by - Brian Kelly on 31/01/2018 23:52:18
Go to Top of Page

Cris DaBica

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2018 :  23:51:48  Show Profile
George, I can't thank you enough for your response. Your note about the car originally being black is extremely helpful in connecting some of the dots.

I believe Hyman sold the car on to an owner who unfortunately died not long after. In short order, the car was sold on at an auction in Auburn, IN (9/02/17) and then my dad bought it not a month later at Hershey.

Thank you!

Cris
Go to Top of Page

Cris DaBica

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2018 :  23:56:01  Show Profile
Brian, thank you for the correction on the spelling. My dad has spoken with Ray Mundt's son who was able to provide some information.

Best,

Cris

Go to Top of Page

Dan F

USA
846 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2018 :  07:36:24  Show Profile
Cris:
Would love to see a picture . I live in the Philadelphia area so finding your story very interesting. I couldn't find your contact info to send you an email. danf 19 at Comcast dot net
thanks
Dan
Go to Top of Page

Cris DaBica

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2018 :  13:57:48  Show Profile
Dan, here's a photo from Hershey. Since then, my dad's set about addressing a handful of incorrect items on the car (headlights, gas cap, dashboard, etc.) The current windshield is a bit peculiar in that—at least along its bottom edge—it appears to be from another car.

Go to Top of Page

Bob Grunau

Canada
290 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2018 :  14:53:57  Show Profile
Hi Chris, Congrats on NA0384 which I looked at with you at Hershey. Yes the bottom windscreen rail looks wrong, but is in fact a proper V shape, same as my NA0826.
Bob Canada
Go to Top of Page

Cris DaBica

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2018 :  01:09:59  Show Profile
Hi Bob, thanks for the note about the shape of the bottom of the windshield (that's been bugging me since October,) and thanks again for your help at Hershey! My dad is extremely happy with the car.

Cris
Go to Top of Page

Cris DaBica

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2018 :  01:21:34  Show Profile
New photos taken today with the headlight change (plus one of NA0384 together with J3459)

Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2018 :  08:35:24  Show Profile
Is there something about the N front axle? In the last picture something does not look quite right, can't be sure with these modern cameras and what they do to the perspective but the tyre looks too small and or possibly the axle too narrow... or is it just too early in the day for me to see properly?

Cheers

P
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3244 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2018 :  18:20:23  Show Profile
The pictures have been uploaded to the file for the car.

Maybe the front axle looks a bit odd due to the camera angle, the front axle does look a bit narrow?

The rear panel is not quite original, the spare wheel should be recessed and there should be a 2 part chrome plated finisher strip along the bottom edge.

George (Ex NA0960)
Registrar F/L/N types

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000