Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Border Reivers’ Raid II
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tim Luffingham

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2018 :  17:56:50  Show Profile
For those of you not lucky enough to be here with us in the Borders, I thought I’d post a a few photographs - and encourage others to do the same.
A little over 40 Triple-M cars had arrived safely at Barony Castle by last night. Perhaps not surprisingly there were one or two running repairs in the car park. An M type had a rear differential successfully replaced - and an NB with fuel tank issues. Both now resolved.
‘Safe oot ‘. Piped off from the start this morning to the sound of bagpipes. Spectacular 116 mile run taking in the famous climb of Talla Linn, the Western Borders, and then across into Dumfries and Galloway. Clear skies turned to a chilly wind with light rain showers during the afternoon - fortunately not too heavy for Triple-M windscreen wipers to cope with.

Edited by - Tim Luffingham on 01/05/2018 18:38:20

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6192 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2018 :  18:11:14  Show Profile
M Type diff replacement - 7.00 am this morning.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2018 :  19:17:16  Show Profile
Absolutely fabulous. Well done a brilliant turn out. Have a great time all of you!

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6192 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2018 :  07:57:10  Show Profile
Early morning DHL delivery of urgent breakfast replenishments for a thirsty group of Triple-M folks

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2018 :  18:58:53  Show Profile
Sorry to be missing it! However, a good proportion of M's there!!

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2018 :  10:34:06  Show Profile
Yea. Me too.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Tim Luffingham

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2018 :  14:55:41  Show Profile
A quick post rally write up - hoping others will add their thoughts and photographs. Not too detailed as I expect someone else will do that for the Register. Tuesday took us predominantly to the southwest of Peebles and Edinburgh.

Wednesday, initially brought us north to the famous 500 year old Rosslyn Chapel - known more recently for the final scene in The Da Vinci Code. Split into two groups for a guided tour.
A damp morning turning to heavier rain over lunch. At a coffee stop David and Linda Kempton driving their J3, Blythe Spirt told us it was only the 3rd time they’d put their hood up - since 1983! Not bad going.
A brighter afternoon took us southeast to the ‘softer side of the Borders’ and the market towns of Kelso and Melrose. 122 miles.

Wednesday’s Gala Dinner had a Scottish themed menu. Speeches, awards and thanks to many.
Mike Linward presented Colin McLachlan - car of the year for his very competitive PA
John Gillett’s K3 was voted the car most would want to take home.
Philip and Rosemary Bayne-Powell NA Allingham - the longest drive to the event from Surrey. This didn’t include The Vintage Register rally in Yorkshire that they’d taken part in enroute to Peebles. Interestingly they only just beat the German and Dutch teams who had arrived in UK via the port of Newcastle on miles travelled.
Chris and Lynda Little ( NB) were awarded the prize for most resilience for fixing a fuel leak on a recently fitted fuel tank, rejoining the rally after just a half day lost.
Kieron and Wendy Boyle - the ‘good egg prize’ for several ‘hotel car park fixes’ and driving the support vehicle and trailer - which I don’t believe was needed?
Hoping I haven’t missed anyone ..

Thursday a morning run to Lochcarron Textile Mill for a tour. Road closures announced only the day before had Ian and Karen reprinting the Tulip Maps overnight. Return to Barrony Castle for a light lunch and farewells. 68 miles.

A fabulous 3 days. Very many thanks to Karen, Bill and Ian.

Rosslyn Chapel below

Go to Top of Page

Tim Luffingham

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2018 :  15:04:38  Show Profile
Various photos of Abingdon’s finest

Peter and Dot Prosser’s KN saloon - at a very damp Scott’s view. Sir Walter Scott’s favourite viewpoint of his beloved Borderland.

Edited by - Tim Luffingham on 04/05/2018 15:20:22
Go to Top of Page

Tim Luffingham

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2018 :  15:13:16  Show Profile
Rosemary Bayne-Powell’s much traveled NA Allingham - twice rallied in the US!

Chris Little’s NB - with fuel tank repaired.

Beth Walker with their F-type Magna

Go to Top of Page

Tim Luffingham

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2018 :  15:19:38  Show Profile
Various around and about ......

Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6192 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2018 :  17:55:05  Show Profile
Waiting at Cairnryan for our ferry home to ‘Norn Iron’ after a brill event. Many thanks to Karen, Bill and Ian for the great organisation.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

chapelfarmer

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2018 :  23:44:43  Show Profile
Presumably others have spotted that BBC Scotland scooped an exclusive report here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-43988007

What a terrific week! Dad and I both loved every minute - from the scenery to the company to the hospitality to - overwhelmingly! - the cars. Fantastic to spend time in their and your company and to cap it all a wonderful new Yearbook to take home. Hard to beat and Tim's photos make a great souvenir.

An enormous thanks to the organisers for a memorable tour.

John and Barry Scott

john
Go to Top of Page

briang

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2018 :  19:18:57  Show Profile
Everything about the tour was great, from the hotel, the scenery (and even the weather!) to the company of friends old and new. Many many thanks to the organising team.

The attached pictures show why MMM cars should always travel with a bit of wire and the means to apply it. The tinfoil covers over the exhaust downpipe which became unwelded. I wired the pipe back up in place, and the additionof the tinfoil stopped the fumes, which threatened to gas my wife in the passenger seat!

Brian
Go to Top of Page

spatek

United Kingdom
220 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2018 :  19:34:11  Show Profile
I agree with what the others have said about the Reivers, also I would like to thank the BBC for the picture of John Gillets K3 trying to keep up with my F2???overall agood event and good company TW
Go to Top of Page

PaulusPotter

Netherlands
203 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2018 :  13:41:06  Show Profile
Carin, Bill, Ian and Keiran,

Thanks again for the excellent organisation and lovely tours. Allthough we covered some Miles of the first Border Reivers Raid we really enjoyed every mile even the once in the rain. Great event again, now all heads in direction of Wales for next year.
Luckily the cameraman did not recognise our TC as an intruder between the Triple M’s.
Hopefully I am accustomed to the L for Wales, as some people asked me if my car was the mistery car that not excists.

Greetings,

Riny and Paul
The Netherlands
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000