Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Half Tonneau Cover
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2018 :  12:57:48  Show Profile
I have a full tonneau cover on the PB and would also like a half ( short) tonneau which is more convenient when hillclimbing etc.
Can anyone recommend a trimmer near Worthing?
Has anyone experience of CW Trimming in Small Dole near Henfield ?
Colin Butchers, any ideas ?
Graham

ashley

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2018 :  13:06:17  Show Profile
Graham,

When I lived in East Sussex, I used Polyfacto in Hailsham for hood, tonneau, side screens for a J2. All very good, this was some years ago but they still trade.
Regards
Ash
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2018 :  16:10:13  Show Profile
Hello Graham. A few years ago I had a new Webasto sun roof for my MGB made by Hove Trimming in St Josephs Close, Hove who did a good job at a very reasonable price. I was impressed with the wide range of really up-market cars they had in their workshop, which possibly says something about their workmanship. I also know that Dave Shattock (Oz34 on this forum) had some work done recently on his PA by a trimming company at Isfield on the main road between Lewes and Uckfield. If he reads this, perhaps he could provide more detail. I believe that he was very satisfied with their work.

Colin B.

Go to Top of Page

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2018 :  16:33:31  Show Profile
Thanks Ash and Colin.
So nobody knows CW Trimming ?
Graham
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2543 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2018 :  19:12:57  Show Profile
Graham, been on my hols and out of the loop. The people Colin B mentioned are SM Trimming, http://smtrimming.co.uk/

They made a new hood for my P a year ago and recovered my sidescreens. An Alvis friend who had used them quoted Sir Henry Royce as saying "The quality will be remembered long after the price is forgotten".

A lot of people will agree the afternoon of day one of Border Reivers II was wet; the inside of the P was completely dry. That's the object after all. Oh, and it looks quite good. It would do no harm to talk to them and a half tonneau will be a bit cheaper!

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Bob Clare

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2018 :  00:27:48  Show Profile
Graham, I had the hood and tonneau for the Cresta made and fitted by The Trimming Centre which used to be in Brighton but now operates from Ham Lane, Lewes BN7 3PS. Tel: 01273 479616 Mobile was 07802 916196.Web was TTC@yahoo.co.uk
They also fitted a new hood onto my MGF 18 months ago. They're not cheap but did an excellent job on both occasions.
Hope that helps.
Bob Clare
P.S. For those not knowing Lewes, Ham Lane is not easy to find. Though if your triple-M car has sat. nav. you'd be OK!
Go to Top of Page

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2018 :  06:24:26  Show Profile
Thank Bob and Dave. I will follow up those leads.
A winter job I think.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000